“Nice place”

Giovanna's on the Lake
Ranked #79 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Giovanna's On The Lake restaurant is an Italian Steak House featuring hand cut steaks, seafood, nightly specials and a new Early Bird Menu 5-9PM. Located right on Lake George at The Georgian Lakeside Resort. Also serving breakfast daily and lunch on the patio at The lake front Cabana Bar.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Pretty restaurant with view of Lake George slightly obscured by the pool and outside bar/lunch restaurant area of the Georgian resort in Lake George Village. The menu is largely Italian but has a good selection of other items also. The salad was fresh, the bread was delicious, and the food was served nice and hot. Prices were typical for the area. Service was friendly and efficient. (We went in late June when all the restaurants were quite empty, so I can't tell you how service would be when crowded). Overall a very nice dinner! Two other comments however, but not necessarily big problems. There is a charge for sharing a dish (the portions are big enough to share though, unless you are a big eater). Also, they charge for iced tea refills. (Most restaurants in Lake George that we have been to tend to give at least one free refill).

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

When we first walked in we didn't know what to expect. The Georgian is a really nice resort, thinking about staying there out next trip. Giovanna's had a nice view of the pool on the resort and the lake. We had such a friendly waitress named Danielle! The food left us talking about it for days. We had the shrimp wrapped in bacon and clams casino to start! The shrimp wrapped in bacon (my two favorite things) were tasty and huge! Loved them! The clams casino were a bit small but very yummy. For entrees i had penne vodka with shrimp and chose to add on the lobster tail special (which was only $9.99!) and my best friend had shrimp scampi. My dish was delicious!! The vodka sauce was perfect and the lobster tail was so soft and juicy! The ceases salads were not exactly what we were expecting BUT plated beautifully and very good as well. Ugh I wish they had a Giovanna's somewhere around home (NYC)!! The food was superb!!!

Georgian Lakesi... R, Manager at Giovanna's on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your review! New menu items will be added including a new Early Bird menu! Stop and see us again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have taken several mini-vacations per year at Lake George over the last couple of years and this was our first dinner here. Wow! We were totally floored by the knowledge and professionalism of the staff and the quality of the food. Absolutely outstanding!! We will return on our next trip up north.

1  Thank notshyaboutit
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had dinner here on Memorial Day weekend and was very pleased with food quality and friendliness of staff. Portion size was more than adequate and drinks were substantial! The furniture was a bit worn and the place could use some updating but this is all cosmetic.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to go out of town just for the night. We were staying up the road from Giovanna's and decided to try it. They have a B1G1 coupon in the entertainment book. The food was amazing and the service was great. There was not a lot of people there and it was almost 9PM which is what time they close due to the time of year. There was a man clearing a table and I had misread something on the menu and he was very quick to clarify for me what I had misread. I was very impressed by his willingness to assist. Another couple was sat behind us and they were going to get the food to go seeing the restaurant was closing and the waitress insisted they could order and eat at the restaurant and that it was unnecessary for them to take the food to go and made them feel welcomed and did not rush anyone. I believe her name was Shelly.

My boyfriend and I inquired why there was a DJ seeing there was no people and they said they had a party coming in. We asked if we could stay and have a drink and we were welcomed by Nikki at the bar. We all chatted and I found out the man we had spoken to earlier was the manager and his name was Kevin. The bar area filled up and Kevin was very quick to assist the bartender with everything she needed. This crew put a whole new meaning to the word "team". I am local to the are and when I am in Lake George again I will be returning!

The food was also amazing!