“Smooth & creamy soft serve”

Pink Roof Ice Cream
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Lake George
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stumbled across the Pink Roof Ice Cream Parlor by accident while looking for that "root beer stand" whose initials I won't mention. A certain search engine/online map service told us the other place was permanently closed (it's not) - apparently some confusion between 9, 9L, & 9N.
Nonetheless, this was a serendipitous find, with buttery smooth creamies, sizable banana splits with your choice from a multitude toppings, and too many hard and soft serve flavors to choose from. I wouldn't hesitate to stop in again if I'm in town.
Perhaps next time I'll take the delicious ice cream from here and fill it with root beer from Roy Allen & Frank Wright's place just down the road...

There are newer reviews for Pink Roof Ice Cream

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thick rich ice cream . Its a nice warm night and you crave eat an ice cream as you stroll along the docks . This is the place to stop and get one .

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Located right next to the mini-golf and near the trolleys, you can't help but walk over there after watching an endless parade of people walking past you with gigantic ice cream cones. They don't mention on their signage if it is homemade; can't say it tastes that way, but is good nonetheless. Cash only.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We come here about 2 or 3 times during our week vacation in LG every year. It's right across the street from the lake so you have a magnificent view as you relax and enjoy your ice cream. We've had the soft serve which is excellent! Super creamy and the Italian ice is the best!! The hard ice cream is also good! We've tried other ice cream places in LG including A&W but this was by far the best!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Upon a TA forum recommendation we decided to hit Pink Roof ice cream after our trip to Fort William Henry. It's located right across from the tour ships near the fort. They have soft serve and hard ice cream plus some other stuff. Their soft serve of the day was raspberry twist but that machine was down. So opted for some hard ice cream; I don't think it's made on site (with some names like Maine Maple Walnut and Maine Coffee Camp I'd guess it's out of Maine). Our party had the previously mentioned walnut (yum) and coffee (too subtle on the coffee flavor), pistachio nut (yummylicious), wicked chocolate (good), and mint chocolate chip (good). All in all we were satisfied. I'd like to try it again when their soft serve was working. I'd recommend it if you're close by, but with so many ice cream options in the LG region I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for it.