“Megan and Mom Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake George Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake George Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 26 Lake George B&B and Inns
Irondequoit New York
“Megan and Mom Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

When my husband and son go to Scout Camp every summer, my daughter Megan and I go somewhere to ride roller coasters. This year we came to Lake George to ride The Comet at The Great Escape. We found the Lake George B&B on LakeGeorge.com. It is one of the most beautiful B&Bs we have ever stayed at. Very comfortable bed, three pillows each , room darkening shades, very tastefully decorated.. Marilyn was very friendly, gave us lots of ideas what to do, where to eat and if you forgot any ie, toothbrushes, razor, etc, she has that covered. Breakfast was great!!!! The cold peach and yogurt soup was amazing and went wonderfully with the breakfast sandwich. I can not wait to return to this heaven on earth with my husband. Megan and I are already planning on coming back again soon. One of the Best Ever. B&Bs.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so could watch people walking on both streets.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank til34
LGBBInnkeeper, Owner at Lake George Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
It was so fun having you both here for your roller coaster getaway! What a cool tradition! I am thrilled that you enjoyed staying at the B&B, and I love that you found the bed so comfortable. We’re really excited about the awesome new mattresses and pillows in each room! Can’t wait to have you back! Many thanks! -Marilyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

On our way to Canada, we spent 2 night at the inn. Our hosts were welcoming. Our room was upgraded at no additional cost to us- a thoughtful gesture. The room was clean and and comfortable with a good location near the center of town and lake. Breakfasts were delicious. We would stay again if in the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia M
LGBBInnkeeper, Owner at Lake George Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for posting this review and for your great comments about our cleanliness, location, and breakfast ! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stop here on the way to Canada. Lake George is the perfect place to spend a couple of nights to break up a long trip up North! We would love to have you back anytime you're in the area! -Marilyn
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

This review is a little overdue since I stayed here in August 2012 with my boyfriend but I am a travel agent and realize the value of customer feedback. We stayed for a week towards the end of August. We loved the location of the B&B because it was a quiet block but very close to all the action of the village. Parking was easy & free, within walking distance to the beach, lakefront boat cruises, arcade, restaurants, shops etc. Breakfast was delicious and varied each morning. Perfect way to start the day!

Rooms were always clean and comfortable. Air conditioner kept it very cool. The housekeeper was so friendly and accommodationg, as was the Innkeeper. Someone was always there if you needed them. Our room was on the small side but perfect for what we needed. The only thing that could make it better is a private terrace but we sat outside on the Adirondack chairs under the tree in the afternoon to unwind and it was nice.

We took a day trip to Ausable Chasm which is pretty awesome. Bolting Landing was also a favorite of ours because it's so quiet and has some nice lakefront dining. Overall an enjoyable stay at the B&B. My boyfriend always says he wants to go back one day.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fairytale2
LGBBInnkeeper, Owner at Lake George Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for all of these great comments about the B&B! I’m so glad you found the B&B to be clean, comfortable, and convenient. You fit in some great activities with the Ausable Chasm and Bolton Landing! There is so much fun in the area! -Marilyn
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I love B & Bs. We've stayed in many across New York State, across the Northeast, and in other countries. I can honestly say that this B & B ranks in the top 5 of all the ones we've ever stayed in.

Mike and Marilyn are incredibly warm, sincere and accomodating hosts. We traveled in a group of four (my 65-year-old parents were part of this trip) and they catered to every request. I also got very sick during my trip (most of my family members had a stomach bug), and they were so kind to accommodate my needs. On the last day of our trip, I couldn't eat any of Marilyn's delicious breakfast, so Mike carried a tray of toast, jams and tea up to my room.

As others have said, the rooms are clean, pretty and have everything you could possibly need. The breakfast room is so quaint, with two large windows that look out onto the street and let in all of the beautiful summer sunlight. There are guides in the sitting rooms full of activities to do, and Mike and Marilyn have created a "treasure chest" of any items you could possibly need and/or forgot -toothbrushes, razors, books, etc. They have also created wonderful reviews of many restaurants in this area - useful in a tourist town like Lake George where the quality of food really varies.

Oh, and the breakfasts are absolutely delicious, made with fresh local ingredients. My mom is still craving the glazed French Toast!

We'd stay here again in a heartbeat on our next Lake George trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oaksm
We loved having the four of you here! Mike was so, so glad to be able to bring the toast up to you when you weren’t feeling well. I’m delighted that you liked the rooms and the breakfast, and really grateful that you place us in the top 5 of B&B's where you’ve stayed! Thank you so much! -Marilyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I are packing up after staying at the LG Bed and Breakfast for the last four days. We had come to Lake George to celebrate my husband's birthday. I planned his 3 favorite things; golf, boats and a rodeo. We always try to find a B&B to stay in. How fortunate we were to have found this one. My husband says that everything was special about this trip, especially staying here. That is saying a lot considering he went to the rodeo twice. The room was lovely, impeccably clean and every detail considered. It was brutally hot during our stay and the B&B was a cool oasis every time we returned. The breakfasts were delicious, healthy and hearty. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect; within walking distance of the village but away from the busyness and crowds on Canada St . We wholeheartedly recommend the LG B&B. We have stayed in many in our travels and this is in our top three. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Room 2 was spacious and romantic. It is on the street side but was quiet with AC on.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LGBBInnkeeper, Owner at Lake George Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
I am delighted that you and your husband had a wonderful weekend celebrating his birthday here! Thank you for all of the comments you made about the B&B. We’re so happy to have been a special place for you, and incredibly honored that we rank in the top three of all the B&B’s you’ve stayed in. We’ll look forward to seeing you again! -Marilyn
Chelmsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We had room #5 and found it to be very comfortable and perfect for our needs. Our trip was a two-night vacation for my husband and I and the room was great and clean, clean, clean. The accomodations were so thoughtful -- a place for everything and everything in its place. The attention to detail (cords hidden out of sight, hooks where they were needed, two suitcase racks instead of one that securely held our oversize suitcase) was remarkable and made for a pleasant stay.

Reviews of area restaurants were provided and we used them to find great places to eat during our stay. Nice touch!

Breakfast was plentiful, nutricious, well-presented and the coffee was excellent.

Marilyn and Mike were excellent hosts and we wish them all the best. We'll definitely stay at this B&B again if we ever decide to visit Lake George again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
LGBBInnkeeper, Owner at Lake George Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Many, many thanks for this review! I love hearing how clean you found it here - we really take great pride and pleasure in providing an immaculate room for our guests! So glad you liked the little touches too. We really enjoyed having both of you here. Thank you for your good wishes! -Marilyn
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Mike and Marilyn were lovely hosts. The house itself is lovely and very conveniently located in downtown Lake George. My husband has a gluten allergy and I'm a vegetarian - but Marilyn was able to prepare delicious breakfasts for both of us, including gluten-free bread and waffles and Morningstar sausage. They had personalized restaurant recommendations and a list of rainy day activities - perfect when we found ourselves at a loss on a drizzly day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LGBBInnkeeper, Owner at Lake George Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I loved cooking for you, and I’m delighted that you found the breakfasts tasty! You picked a great activity for your rainy day with the Natural Stone Bridge & Caves – fun in any kind of weather! Thank you for your review and words of recommendation. They are highly appreciated! -Marilyn