Depe Dene Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$67
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hampton.com
Lake Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$88
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$80
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$113
Comfort Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$100
ComfortSuites
Best Western of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$75
Groupon.com
Studio Motel of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$52
Courtyard Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$119
Courtyard
The Lodges at Cresthaven(Lake George)
US$199
Hotwire.com
All reviewspaddle boatspet friendly cabinjet skifamily resortnext yearthe cottagesliving roomoff seasonyear after yeartennis courtscanada streetfire pitdockslakerjreunionmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had left a deposit for a week stay and was told I could get my money back if I canceled 60 days before my stay. Not the case! They first suggested I never canceled within that time frame. I did! Then they said even if i did, I would only get my money if I "specifically" requested a refund. Wow - I cancel but they keep the money. Interesting policy. After many conversations and great resistance they refunded a portion of my deposit. In all my years of going to Lake George I have never run into such nonsense in my life. Not for me!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank R W
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My family has been staying at Depe Dene for over 30 years. We have tried other places in Lake George, but, in our opinion, Depe Dene has the best combination of a nice size swimming pool, large sandy beach, and free boat (paddleboats, rowboats) use. The beach is one of the nicest on the Lake. There are lots of docks for boats if you need a boat slip and great fishing right off the docks. There is also a great restaurant (The Lone Bull) that you can walk to for a great breakfast in the morning and a good deli across the street for a sandwich or snack. We eat breakfast at the Lone Bull every day we are at Depe Dene. The pancakes are tremendous! There is also horseback riding across the street with a great view of the lake from the trail. The cabins by the Lake have spectacular views and are great if you will be spending a lot of time at the beach. One of our favorite places at Depe Dene, is the sitting area on top of the boathouse. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the Lake especially in the early morning or evening.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place was recommended to us by friends who had stayed here a few years ago and had a great time. We were not sure what to expect considering the mixed reviews on trip advisor. We had a great time, there is so much to do at the resort and in the surrounding area. Staying at the resort was so convenient. We spent days just hanging out on the beach. My daughter was in the lake for hours and everyone enjoyed the resort's free kayaks, canoes and pedalboats. We enjoyed making a BBQ right in front of our cabin and the the kids played volleyball which was also right in front of our cabin. We had a 3 bedroom cottage near the pool. It was a great size for our family of 5, it could use some upgrading but it was very clean and beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back, highly recommend this resort. Many people complained about how far the walk was to the lake from the cabin, it was not far at all a 3 or 4 minute walk, coming up the hill from the lake at the end of the day was hard but not so bad. If I was going to complain about anything it would be the people coming down to the lake at 6 am and putting towels on the lounge chairs and then not coming back down to use them until 1:00. I would come down at 9 am and there were only a few people on the beach but no available lounges.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the larger cabins, near the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Zandy made checking in easy and quick.
I really enjoyed staying here with my family. Beautiful panaromic view of the lake, breathtaking. Stayed in one of the motel rooms. Next year I would like to stay in the townhouse or cottage. Beachside was nice and quick to get to.
This family resort has daily activities.
Going to make this our family vacation place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We've been coming to LG for years and have stayed at many places on 9N. We decided to go to LG spur of the moment. Depe Dene had vacancies so we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased. The beach area and the motel property is very nice. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The Depe Dene is in a great location with the village not too far away, Lone Bull next door, and deli across the street. Pool/ hot tub area very clean. Some of the rooms,linens do need upgrading. All in all we enjoyed our stay and we would stay again.

Room Tip: motel rooms have a great view of the lake
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family