“Oh what a ride!”

Lake George Steamboat Co.
Book In Advance
Lake George Steamboat Paradise Bay Cruise
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Lake George
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A fun activity for the whole family, this popular cruise company offers steamboat tours of historic and scenic Lake George on three ships: The Minne-Ha-Ha, The Mohican and The Lac du Saint Sacrement. Choose from 1 hour trips, 2.5 hour trips to a 6 hour full lake cruise. Sightsee only or enjoy a meal with the family. We have choices to fit everyone's needs.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Staten Island, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Oh what a ride!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The ride on the Minne Ha Ha is so much fun! The trip around the lake is historical. You see the beautiful landscapes and the mansions lined all along the lake. You get a little bit of history from the captain as you pass areas of interest like the sunken ship! We sat on the top (bring sun-screen!) on an absolutely gorgeous Summer day. We loved the steam whistles that toot as you come aboard and leave. My son was in awe of the whole experience. Can't wait to do it again this Summer!

Visited August 2013

Aston, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Beautiful Way to See Lake George”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We took the 2 1/2 hour Islands Exploration Cruise. It was a beautiful and relaxing way to see the Lake George area. On a hot summer day it was a cool way to enjoy sightseeing and see all the activities people do on the lake; boating, fishing, parasailing, camping on private islands, swimming. The ship winds around many of the smaller more secluded islands and you see some famous landmarks. As other reviewers noted they do try to force you to have your photo taken before boarding. I said no, and they said it was required. I said no again and just walked past the photographer and boarded the ship. So my advice is, if you don't want the photo just say no and board. No one tackled me or tried to prevent me from boarding. Other than that, the tour was excellent. The ships have bathrooms and snack bars. They do not let you bring your own food or water on board, which is a rip off. But I can also see their point in drawing the line because some people may bring an entire picnic basket. But we snuck our own drinks on in a backpack.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank G G
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Must do every year”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I go to Lake George yearly and we make a point of riding the boats, usually multiple times. We do the Minne every time, sometimes more than once. It's a nice way to enjoy the water and relax with a drink and without having to give a lot of time to. The first year we went, we did the dinner cruise on the Sacrament. It was a very nice set up but the food wasn't the best (but it is served in mass quantities buffet style so you cannot expect 5 star cuisine) and the cruise being 2 and a half hours was a bit too long for me. The next year we did the pasta cruise on the Mohican which was a little shorter and more a lunch than dinner and the food seemed a little better than the year previous. Overall it's a great experience for all ages. We have many times found ourselves saying "I don't know what to do, let's hop on the Minne and figure it out." Although since the boats are great for all ages, unruly children are a common occurence which has made for an unpleasant ride a few times.

israel
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Lovely time on the Minnie hah hah . The calliope was a nice touch and the tour guide was very entertaining

Visited October 2013
1 Thank redappel
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice Cruise, but forced photo op”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Cruise was very nice, the Captain kept up a nice commentary and the view is great. For the money, it is worth it. I did have an issue with the mandatory photo taken before boarding, however. I would rather take my own photos, and I asked to just skip this forced photo op in full view of the entire dock, only to be told by some kid, that "It is part of boarding procedure". I doubt that, and I don't like being herded into something I don't want, and I am not going to buy. I would suggest that this step be skipped for those who don't want it and it would certainly speed up the boarding process, since the entire line had to wait for each group to pose for a picture!!

Visited October 2013