See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Me and my family went to lake George for a week we didn't know we're to stay until we saw Roaring Brook. We had such a great time. We love how there were 3 pools to chooses from. We also loved the horses and cute geese. The staff came to our every need. We loved it and we are coming back next year

Room Tip: Ask for the maid Donna.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was concerned by some of the reviews, raves and complaints, after I had already made reservations. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean (extremely important to me), but the entire place had seen better days, probably in the seventies or eighties. The rooms were dated and could use some upgrades and the property could use a bit of maintenance, their sign out front is broken. Would I stay again, not likely...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lee_leeNy
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Had a great stay at Roaring Brook. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the food is great. Will go back many times.

Room Tip: Any room will be great
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Virginia K
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I was quite surprised to stay at this resort for the first time-- good value. 1 mile south of Lake George village, big rooms (easily would accomodate parents +4 kids....), 3 nice pools. Definately showing some age, but clean, and at $100/night, hard to beat in the peak season! Huge property with lots of room for roaming.

PS: management, you need to add an on-line booking system-- I hate going thru other providers.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2011

For many years my family has been coming to RBR. What we like is that everything is so self contained. The kids can run free as it is set on several thousand acres. Horseback riding is what most people come for but there is tennis, 3 pools (one indoor), restuarant, 2 bars and a beautiful lodge.Service is very friendly and we see the same nice faces year after year. It's like coming home.

Room Tip: One of the newer lodges.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family