See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Roaring Brook Ranch holds a special place in my family's heart. I've been visiting for as long as I can remember. One of the things I love about Roaring Brook is that they are owned and operated by family, and they truly treat you like family during your stay.The piece of land that this resort sits on is truly spectacular. Watching the horses graze in the beautiful pasture with Prospect Mountain in the background is an image I will never forget. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner every day in the main dining room. The food was delicious and the staff was very warm and accommodating. Coming from a Texas girl, I can honestly say that the horseback riding is SPECTACULAR. I would stay at this resort just for that activity. Curtis knows the ins and outs of Roaring Brook property and will show you BEAUTIFUL scenery. You must go to the "look-out" it is simply stunning. The rooms are dated, yes, but what they lack in room amenities is made up with stunning views, fun activities and priceless memories that Roaring Brook Ranch and Tennis Resort, provides.

Room Tip: Request the Cabins that view towards Prospect Mountain.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielleghs
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Had a wedding there this year owner was a complete jerk!!! He was lucky it was my sisters wedding and not mine they paid for a half keg that lasted 30 mins lol not even possible I was a college kid once that impossible you can hold the spout on a keg full open and it will take over a hour to empty. Thanks for nothing that was just the beginning of the crap. The place is all outdated the bathrooms were gross not cleaned in weeks. The staff was ok expect the owner care for nothing but his pocket!!!!! The food was real cheap and tasted it! I think they microwaved the hole meal. Then lets skip right to the room I slept in . Wow take me back to 1930 old outdated smelling of mold. The tv was the first one built. Please save your money don't get a room there just find a outhouse and bring a pillow it would be much better

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank MikePalmer69
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The room stunk to the high heavens, my poor son was gagging all night. There was no outside lighting until 9:00. There was no air conditioning in the room. The best part was when we got up in the morning and there was no HOT water to take a shower and nothing was done. I would not recomend this HELL hole to anyone. The pictures are so untrue. The indoor pool was nasty rust every where. DO NOT FALL for it.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Missy M
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We've just returned from a 2 night stay at this place. Rooms are dingy, dirty, cob webs, have bugs flying around. Please bring bug spray if you will stay there after reading this. I was getting ready to make my sons bed and noticed little black poop things on mattress (yes, sheets small so they don't cover mattress when you sleep). I went to main office and the lady seemed surprised when i told her about mattress and told her to go and have a look while we had breakfast. She never did go but someone did promise to go and clean up. They never did. Basically we go bit all over and now am home and still itching and hope and pray we didn't bring anything back from there with us. I made sure to keep used clothes in a separate bag so no contaminatin there that's certain.

Some people seemed to enjoy playing tennis and table tennis. Pool was nice and blue but kids play area dirty and seemed really unsturdy. This place is a dump. i was in Abilene...i didn't know they had actual "suites" you could upgrade to. Lake George itself was nice enough...beach and bunch of restaurants. If you must go, book early and get a hotel that is right in the center of town...get as close to lake as you can, and stay away from Roaring Brook.

Oh and another thing, this place is very very very outdated. If you must go, then be prepared.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place. Pay extra and get hotel near the lake or just go some place else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Glen D
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Our stay at the resort was very unpleasant. The room had a terrible odor and the rug just seemed damp. Our children were coughing all night. The little air fresheners they have throughout the room could not mask the stench that overwhelmed the room. We were upgraded to a suite and honestly that was not much better. I would not recommend this resort to anyone with allergies. I would not recommend this resort to anyone!! The past reviews about the lights not working is very true. Sometimes they worked, sometimes they did not!!! We used the TV as lighting.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family