See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We go to the Roaring Brook every year, and it's one of our favorite places! The grounds are beyond gorgeous, the staff is incredibly friendly, our pups are always welcomed and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Yes, the hotel has a 70s feel and could use some updating, but it's also a charming place (and brings back happy memories of going to the Adirondacks as a child). The food is quite good -- enough choices that it can be hard to decide, including vegetarian options -- and our dogs love the lovely hiking trails and the chance to bark at the (not-so-friendly) ducks in the duck pond. The location is terrific -- five minutes from town, but removed enough to be peaceful and have a great back to nature feel. (If you have a dog, check out "Dog Beach" in town!) The rooms are huge, and the beds are comfy. No hair dryers of coffee pots in the room, though, so be sure to bring one.

Room Tip: Ask for Cheyenne or Calgary -- large rooms nearest the main lodge where meals are served.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I thought the hotel was good. I read all the bad reviews and was a little nervous but traveling with a big dog I don't have much choice of hotels. Check in was very easy the woman at the front desk (unfortunately I didn't get her name) was very nice and helpful the process was very easy. I room I had (205) was very large. The room and bathroom were clean no mold. Yes the hotel needs a refresh - the wallpaper is old and pealing, lighting isn't great, small tv, a little musty smell but overall I would not hesitate to recommend this property. The setting is beautiful and not very far from the village of Lake George. They have a restaurant, bar , and banquet facilities. I did not eat there so can't advise on the food.

Room Tip: WiFi is available in the main lobby only.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Loved waking up and walking outside and being surrounded by the woods. We took some great long walks. Took advantage of the pool and archery range as well. Staff was helpful and very pet friendly. Room was clean, but older.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I was very hesitated about booking at this hotel after reading many reviews. Many reviewers mentioned mold and bad smell. We did not experience these. Although the hotel needs an upgrade, our room was clean, rug is old but I did not find it to be dirty. Location is perfect for visiting Lake George, 5 minutes driving. The pond with the unfriendly geese that live in it, make our trip even more fun. The geese ran chased our boys every time they saw them and they had a great with this. The cleaning lady was very thoughtful to leave clean towels every day outside our door. We had the do not disturb sign at the door and we did not want our room to be cleaned because our puppy was inside in the mornings while we did activities in Lake George. The most important aspect of our trip is that the hotel allowed dogs. We like to travel with our 7 month puppy and for us is very important that we can bring her along.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SANDRABNY
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is the BEST pet-friendly resort we have ever stayed in! Right from the beginning the staff was so friendly and made us feel right at home. The property is a beautiful Adirondack resort. We stayed there with the meal plan, and both the food and service was excellent! We will definitely be going back soon!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family