“Speeders”

Lake George Escape Campground
“Speeders”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

They need to enforce the speed limit here. It is not safe for these people to be driving like maniacs. The events are great and always having activities. They have some tough competition in the region and should consider some upgrades

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank virg s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The bathrooms were clean, there was fishing, boating, heated pool, large sites to accommodate our 35foot TT..we stayed during the week coming in on a Monday, and leaving on Friday, as Lake George gets busy on weekends. There was a daily Hayride, they played music and kids had a blast. You have to watch the bicycles in the dark, and the people who exceed the five mile an hour speed limit

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy P
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A large group of us stayed at Lake George Escape this past weekend. The campground itself was pretty nice and did offer a bunch of activities (kayaking in the river, swimming in the pool, tennis, volleyball, basketball etc.), however I have some complaints:

-EXTREMELY RUDE SECURITY GUARD. It was our first night there and we were unaware that the campsite had quiet hours. Since it was a large group of us all sitting by the campfire, our conversation got a bit loud. Two security guards come up to our campsite and one very rudely shouts "where are you guys from?". After not giving an answer since there is a large group of us from all different places, he responds with "how would you like it if I sent you back there tonight." Then he goes on to shout with an extremely rude attitude that he got a complaint and he will send us home right now if we aren't quiet. I understand that there are quiet hours (we didn't know this at the time- especially since there was quite a bit of noise coming from our surrounding sites as well as loud music playing from their restaurant) but to come up to us and act like such a jerk (there was no warning- this was the first time we were asked to keep it down) is just rude and unacceptable. I wanted to give this place 3 stars, but I had to knock it down to 1 because of our experience with that rent-a-cop on a power trip. Since this was our first night there, this made it a bit hard for us to enjoy the campground for the rest of our trip. We are paying money to stay there and that guard needs a lesson in customer service. A simply "please keep it down...we have quiet hours" would have sufficed.

-OVERPRICED. We had a group on 17 people and I was told that for that many people I needed to rent 4 campsites. We ended up fitting all of our tents, food, etc. on two campsites. The other two were unused. Way to rip us off and double the cost of our trip.

-THE LAKE AND THE POND ARE PRETTY GROSS. I wouldn't go anywhere near them. The water is still and I wouldn't even put my feet inside. If you want to get in the water you are better off driving 10 minutes to Lake George.

Overall, my experience wasn't horrible. We did have fun playing activities like volleyball, and tennis, but I will not be returning to this campsite because of that unbelievably rude security guard. To management, you need to teach your staff some manners.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank pkb90
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Dear Lake George Escape Nightmare,
Let me start off by saying we have camped here for yrs , we have always reserved a certain camp site #130. We reserved this site this year as well and come check in time on August 6th NOPE gone that was the first thing and the look I got was not pleasant. So the second person to help gave us some sites to look at. so we opted for site #132 we were happy with that so let the relaxing and fun begin. When we went to use the out house, my god the smell was overwhelming, so we let a couple employees know and the one employee also complained because he could smell it at the canoe rentals yuck. So night #1 the DJ is new the thumping from the music went on till 10 pm, ok I can deal with that somewhat i'll just sleep in yeah right. we had a bunch of French Canadians partying till 3 am what happened to QUIET after 10 pm?????? not to mention all the traffic with 10 thousand people riding there bikes on both sides of the road with cars doing about 25 mph. what happened to the security at night that you had before?????. Day #2 NO SLEEP AT ALL must have coffee...yeah the sewage company came that was good. So I pack up with my sleep deprived 8 yr old daughter and go to the heated pool that obviously needs much work. she had fun as well as myself. I would of had more fun if my husband and mother came but they were trying to take a nap because of all the French Canadian campers getting hammered all night. and the DJ playing the Macarena so loud that we could feel the thumping from the bass it was that loud. oh those poor people next to the bar camping, so we go on with our day. Night #2 I swear if I had to hear that MACARENA SONG ONE MORE TIME I MAY EXPLODE. and again with the PARTYING FRENCH..come on really oh and then we get new neighbors on day 2 that got back real late ..they were swearing up a storm at like 2 or 3 in the morning, slamming the car doors then they go to sleep, the guy starts snoring I thought at this point I was going to take my pillow walk over to his site and smother him, this was how tired we were....I was so tired I tried to sleep in our truck...we got up packed our site up and left a day in a half early, so much for having a nice vacation. When I went in to let them know that we were leaving early the management didn't even say sorry....WE WILL NEVER EVER COME BACK TO THIS CAMP GROUND. its a shame that its now a corporate business what a shame....Christina Ballston Spa NY....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Christina C
Lynbrook, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a pet friendly cabin for a week. Decent size for a cabin. We went with 25 people who had camper sites. The campground has a ton of activities every day so there was plenty going on to keep my three year old busy. The staff was great and helpful.

2 Thank Nicole B
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a blast at LGEC! We were pleasantly surprised at what the campground had to offer. We were there with family and friends and kids again from 2-15. There was something for everyone and a great laid back atmosphere. We were only there for a short visit as the point of the trip was The Great Escape (THAT is a different review!). We are looking forward to going back. We happened to arrive on Western Weekend which meant the park was packed and there was all sorts of fun kid activities taking place. There was a great bar and live music for the adults too. Wishing we had more time and skipped The Great Escape to spend more time at the campground.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the campground map when reserving your spot. The front part of the park is easy...
2 Thank vtfam3
Beacon Falls, CT
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been coming to this campground for the past 12 years and have watched it transition from a great campground to a good campground. The prices keep going up and the level of service keeps going down. The onsite bar/restaurant menu is more of a fast food app menu now, which is fine, but the fact that it took over an hour to get 3 meals from there is ridiculous! We did get an apology from one of the employees, they were experimenting with a foreign exchange staff in the kitchen area and had to explain to the worker that their "Buffalo Platter" really is not Buffalo meat; it had me worried about what we really ate when we got my daughter the squirrel platter!!

All of the playground equipment and the cracked up concrete pool decking are in major need of updating and repair. We also noticed that they eliminated half the stock in the main campground store which had us taking a trip in town to do our shopping for several items we previously would not have to have done. It seems their strict policy on noise late at night as been abandoned as well, the campground used to be patroled by security in golf carts at night to keep noise levels down. We saw none of that this trip and heard several rowdy campsites late into the evening.

With that being said, i like the location and i like the campground to keep my daughter busy and my family relaxed. Hopefully management returns this campground to the great vacation spot it was years ago.

3 Thank PezGoon
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Lake George RV Park
Lake George RV Park
#2 of 32 in Lake George

Been to Lake George Escape Campground? Share your experiences!