“Love it!”
Review of Magic Forest

Magic Forest
Ranked #8 of 51 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Owner description: A family fun park, in the Adirondacks, that features 25 amusement rides, including the Safari Ride, plus live animal performances, magic shows and the ever-popular "Rex the Diving Horse."
Arden, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I love Magic Forest! I went there every year with my family when i was little. Now i bring my 3 year old son there every year. He loves it! Its never crowded, no long waits in line, its cheap, and the staff is very friendly. Yes its old and the rides close for a half hour each for lunch, but thats because the place is small and they cant afford to hire a ton of employees. Id rather spend the day there than at 6 flags where we spend 10 times more for my son to go on a few rides. Evey ride is perfect for his age group and he never gets bored!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Susie P

Howard Beach, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cute little place for younger children”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We went here for the day. It was really reasonable priced and you could spend the whole day there. This park is perfect for smaller children, as some other viewers wrote older children would probably not have as much fun.

They had the whip ride and a nice ferris wheel which would be nice for the older ones.

There is a lot of steep walkways so it might be a bit difficult for an older person with a cane or wheelchair.

The magic show was really entertaining. The Magican picks people from the audience to help with the show so that was a nice treat for the kids. When the show is not going on we found him making balloon hats for $2.

They also had a diving horse show which we did not watch so I can not comment on that. It was nice and cool since all the trees are really tall.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ImaBrat
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Childhood fun”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

As a child I use to go to this fun amusement park. It's still fun and cost efficient. It's a smaller park with fun rides. It's a nice day event.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Brittlg06
New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for young kids”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We went Labor Day. There were no lines and kids 7 and younger had a blast. I think the park is best for children 10 and under

Visited September 2013
1 Thank malfor
New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An Old School Gem”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The first time I came to this place was as a child 35+ years ago and can honestly say nothing has changed. The nostalgia of it keeps me coming back. Recently took my 3 year old son here and he had a ball. One of the ride operators told us this place started out as a carnival (in the 1950's I believe) and never left! The best way I can descrbe it aside from the 20+ carnival type rides for younger children is that it's a wonderland of randomness. Most of it seems storybook inspired but with lots of mis-matched stuff going on. Almost looks like they've collected pieces from all over. Many paper-mache looking characters all around the park- for example a random rabbit with the name Allison written accross the chest. Yes, odd. But very entertaining at the same time. Especially for me since everything is exactly as it was when I forst came so many years ago. Nothing stays the same these days, so it's nice when something does. I will definitely be coming back. If you are looking for anything modern, ths place is not for you.

Visited August 2013