“Good for children but doesn't impress adults”
Review of Magic Forest

Magic Forest
Ranked #8 of 51 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Owner description: A family fun park, in the Adirondacks, that features 25 amusement rides, including the Safari Ride, plus live animal performances, magic shows and the ever-popular "Rex the Diving Horse."
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I went with family members and it was quite busy. They didn't have enough workers to run all the rides so you had to wait while the employee finished with one ride before you could ride something else. Some of the rides were pretty rough such as the roller coaster. It really throws you around and hurts if you are a little older.

It is a bit old fashioned but very young children wont see what the adults see. I don't think I will be returning any time soon but the kids do have fun.

1  Thank rockintrixi

Reviewed 1 November 2013

we LOVE this place. We have 3 kids (2,4,7). This place is such a small slice of heaven for families with young children. YES things are old, and YES the rides all go round in a circle. BUT for children to be able to get onto a simple ride and more often than not even ride with MOM and DAD is special. We are season pass holders to Six Flags and if I had to choose 99 out of 100 times I would be at Magic Forrest with my kids. Clientel, Language, Dress, line waiting, food costs, etc. are all not family friendly at 6 flags. Even the gift shop at Magic Forrest has 1.00 toys for kids. WAHTEVER you do DONT miss Jimmy the Magician. He puts on 2 shows and both are fantastic. He makes your day while you are there and the time goes too fast as you are so relaxed at the forrest!!!

2  Thank stephan l
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I love Magic Forest! I went there every year with my family when i was little. Now i bring my 3 year old son there every year. He loves it! Its never crowded, no long waits in line, its cheap, and the staff is very friendly. Yes its old and the rides close for a half hour each for lunch, but thats because the place is small and they cant afford to hire a ton of employees. Id rather spend the day there than at 6 flags where we spend 10 times more for my son to go on a few rides. Evey ride is perfect for his age group and he never gets bored!

1  Thank Susie P
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We went here for the day. It was really reasonable priced and you could spend the whole day there. This park is perfect for smaller children, as some other viewers wrote older children would probably not have as much fun.

They had the whip ride and a nice ferris wheel which would be nice for the older ones.

There is a lot of steep walkways so it might be a bit difficult for an older person with a cane or wheelchair.

The magic show was really entertaining. The Magican picks people from the audience to help with the show so that was a nice treat for the kids. When the show is not going on we found him making balloon hats for $2.

They also had a diving horse show which we did not watch so I can not comment on that. It was nice and cool since all the trees are really tall.

2  Thank ImaBrat
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

As a child I use to go to this fun amusement park. It's still fun and cost efficient. It's a smaller park with fun rides. It's a nice day event.

2  Thank Brittlg06