“Dated, but a super value for the under 10 crowd!”
Review of Magic Forest

Magic Forest
Ranked #8 of 51 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Owner description: A family fun park, in the Adirondacks, that features 25 amusement rides, including the Safari Ride, plus live animal performances, magic shows and the ever-popular "Rex the Diving Horse."
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Not many venues are specifically targeted to those children under 10. Down the road is 6 Flags/Great Escape, but only a small handful of rides are designed for the little people and overall that park is very cost prohibitive. Magic Forest provided my 4 year old son the opportunity to ride on every ride, for a very reasonable price! I didn't feel "scalped" at each turn. They are dated, as the park looks exactly like it did when I was a child! But that is also part of it's draw...nostalgia. And they still have the "Diving Horse" Show! This event is still a wonder for the little folks. You are also allowed to picnic and provide your own food, a no-no at 6 Flags, which ends up dragging at your wallet. If you have young children, and afternoon to kill in Lake George, and want to make them happy...Magic Forest is still the best bang for the buck!

1  Thank abk109

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very cute for little ones but dated. If you have little ones I would go for it. Cute shows, rides had no lines. Inexpensive.

1  Thank Petunia H
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our whole family had a lot of fun at Magic Forest. We have a 2 year old and a 15 year old. Loved that there are rides for big and small and that your receipt is good all day. If you have to leave the park you can a return. We went on a hot sunny day it started to spit rain halfway through our day but because of the tree cover it did not bother us a bit. Only disappointment would be that we didn't get to see the diving horse because of the bit of rain. Loved this park!

3  Thank Angela294
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The kids really enjoyed the rides. The facility is very dated, but they really had a great time. Something to do for the little kids and the 9 and 10 yr olds as well! Liked the magician and the train ride, but the safari could use some REAL animals. All in all a good day with the family.

2  Thank jane s
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Magic Forest is not your typical amusement park. It is geared towards young children, 10 & under, and they love it! There are many trees which means lots of shade, paved walkways and everything was relatively clean, including the bathrooms. There are no hidden costs once you enter- the food menu was very reasonable so you won't break the bank if you buy food there but you can also bring your own food in which is great if you have picky eaters. My boys got balloon hats for $2 each and they were thrilled. The biggest expense is the admission price- they offer active duty military discounts but nothing for veterans. Online coupons or AAA discount would be nice.

My boys are 3 & 6 and they could ride almost every ride and there are plenty! Most rides go in a circle, lines were short or nonexistent, and the ride time was lengthy. Many of the ride operators were older people that were very kind, nice to talk to and patient with normal excited kid behavior. I read some reviews that said the rides weren't safe but I did not think that was the case. Faster rides have actual safety belts and older, classic rides had ropes but they don't go fast or up and down so if your child can hold on they are fine. Adults can ride several rides- some classic favorites are the scrambler, tilt a whirl, Ferris wheel, the bigger carousel, cups, kiddie coaster, train, safari tram, etc. Many are the dizzy kind but still fun!

You can also feed goats & sheep corn & green sticks through a fence for a quarter. I also saw peacocks and the diving horse. I know there is controversy over the diving horse and I have to say Magic Forest is great even without that act. Perhaps being able to pet or feed the horse would be a nice change.

The last thing I want to address are the comments that this place needs to be updated. One of the major things that makes this place different is that it has preserved amusement park history by having old rides that still run like the small carousel from the 1940s and the actual Disney Snow White display from the 1939 World's Fair. Many of the statues are characters from fairy tales that I knew but otherwise my kids may not know in today's technology world. There are also old Christmas displays that my 3yo enjoyed looking at- some were cute, some were a little creepy but it made us laugh and my boys didn't seem to notice. Sure there were things that looked like a power washer and some paint were needed but it reminded me of a time when people were less critical of those things and more focused on ensuring a good time.

We had a great day, my boys had so much fun and were exhausted when we left since we spent the whole afternoon there (probably 4 hours). One of their favorite rides was a tall slide and they got to go on it many times which would not happen in the average amusement park. If you like feeling nostalgic and have young kids, you have to check this place out at least once for yourselves and you can decide. This was our 2nd time here and I know we will be back while the boys are still young. Thanks Magic Forest for daring to be different!!

5  Thank KarMiner