“Beautiful place- "Resorts" are overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake George

and up
Lake George Moonlight Cruise
Ranked #1 of 51 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Owner description: During a 1791 visit, Thomas Jefferson was moved to say, "Lake George is without comparison, the most beautiful water I ever saw." Not much has changed. Today this 32-mile long, 3-mile wide dazzling lake draws vactioners who come to enjoy a plethora of outdoor endeavors including sailing, swimming, cruising on historic steamboats, hiking and more.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful place- "Resorts" are overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a beautiful place and I highly recommend visiting anytime of the year. The only problem is the lakefront motel "resorts" are very expensive. Most, if not all the motel rooms/cottages are 40+ years old and they just don't have the amenities you would expect for the price. Shuffle board or a warped ping pong table aren't what I call resort amenities. Don't get me wrong, these cottages take you back in time (for a steep price), and if that's your thing then go for it. After doing a little research I found that I could rent a lake front house which is LARGER and CHEAPER than most of these crowded resorts. Most resorts have tiny crowded cottages on top of one another, they charge you for everything they can. If you bring a boat expect to be charged $2-300 for the week. They don't let friends visit on the property. The rooms are tiny, the bathrooms are cramped. My advice- save money and rent a lakefront house! You can fit more people, more comfortably and you can have visitors! You'll save money and the dock spaces are included! In my opinion this is the way to go, I don't think too many people realize how much more they would get for their money, or they just assume a motel is easier. Trust me, motels are taking your money and they only survive because of the average joes ignorance or lack of motivation to find a nice house rental. For those of you with big families or groups- do a little searching, there are large houses and houses close to eachother.

Visited August 2013

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Senic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We drove around the lake. The fall colors were gorgous. It was a very senic drive, from the hills and valleys to the fantastic views of the lake itself(so clean and pure) We also visited a maple surup manufacturer which was very interesting.

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice View!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We took the steamboat to see foliage. The view was great and we could not stop taking pictures of the nice view of the Lake!

israel
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a serene beautiful relaxing lake. The town literally closes up the day after Columbus day- don't count on. Too many shops or attractions being open if you are planning to visit between October and May.

Port Ewen, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been coming to Lake George since I was a child. Coming back here always evokes those childhood memories of summers on the Lake. Even though the village itself can seem a little "shabby chic", the reasons one comes back to Lake George again and again is to experience the sheer beauty of the Lake itself. The crystal clear sparkling water, the surrounding foliage and lake houses, just a pristine place to see. Love the boat rides up and down the Lake!! As I've gotten older I love to visit in early October to see the beautiful foliage (things I used to make fun of my grandmother for) lol, but now I can see what she meant. Just a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature at its best.