“Lake George is changing for the worse!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake George

Lake George
Ranked #1 of 50 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Owner description: During a 1791 visit, Thomas Jefferson was moved to say, "Lake George is without comparison, the most beautiful water I ever saw." Not much has changed. Today this 32-mile long, 3-mile wide dazzling lake draws vactioners who come to enjoy a plethora of outdoor endeavors including sailing, swimming, cruising on historic steamboats, hiking and more.
ny
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lake George is changing for the worse!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

After going 1-2 x a year for the past 5 years, I think this was our last trip. Too many establishments now are "cash only" and the streets are filled with ATM machines. But you are not told this till you go up to pay or am served the check in a restaurant. ANd you are still charged tax! I was told by a local business it started a few months ago. I really hope the chamber puts an end to this.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kings Park, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Just a beautiful place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We like everything about Lake George. There is so much to do for adults and the kids. You will not run out of things to do for yourself or the kids. Excellent place to visit

newyork
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice lake to visit with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fam vac, great time, just stay away from the Log Jam Restaurant. Mini Haha is worth the boat ride, parking in town is metered and those meter stations only accept cash. Do the wine tasting and the Adirondack brewery restaurant.

Denver, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beware of Ruggerios Painted Pony Horse Backriding”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We went to the Ruggerio Painted Ponies and it was down right unsafe. If you at all value your safety do not go to the Ruggerio's Painted Pony Horseback riding post. There was absolutely no safety prep. No information was given to us about how to ride a horse before hand, and they did not ask you if you wanted a helment. My mother fell off the horse because the saddle was not tightened properly, and she fell into a muddy mess. I am glad she did not hit her head or break any of her bones. The staff was late to respond and rude. When I confronted them about this they started yelling at me, and saying they are not responsible, there was no remorse. This is a two bit operation. I would assume this is why Bennett's is slightly more expensive. The sights were not that exciting, I feel as though I could have gotten a better deal by buying a hiking stick and hiking the hills by itself. They claim there is a a great view of the Adirondack's, but it's really just the owners unkept backyard. The horses seemed scared, angry, hungry, and tired. There was only one guide and an inexperienced on at that, she had only been there two weeks and I found this out only after we were halfway through the trail. On other horseback riding adventures, there are generally 4 riders with a trained guide bring up the front and rear. If my mother did not scream, since she was in the back, no one would have know that she fell. I realize that a good deal sometimes goes a long way, but this one isn't one. Stay away if you hope to have an enjoyable vacation.

5 Thank lakeview1234
Sayville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Lake George is a beautiful area. I haven't been here for 15 years but the place is still the same. Very clean and reminds me of my youth. My wife wants to rent a place on the water next time. I definitely will be back.