“Great Escape Lodge/cabins”
Review of Samoset Cabins

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Samoset Cabins
Reviewed 25 April 2006

Just so you all know, Samoset Cabins, Martha's Motel and the new Great Escape Lodge are all owned by Six Flags Great Escape. There is new management due to previous management that ripped off the company. The cabins and Martha's were run by a family that stayed in the main office cabin, the housekeeping was done by staff that was paid minimum wage. There are still some of the cabins there but they are now reserved for foreign workers for the park. The new Lodge is a big improvement I can promise you. They have better wages for one, better management for 2, and of course its new. The hotel rooms average $180/night for 6 people, and include use of the indoor water park. Free water rides, lazy river, slides, and just plain loud family fun inside the hotel anytime of the year! The food is decent, lots to choose from between burger grill and the main restaurant. The management will do its best to keep people happy and coming back, and you can get a discount of the Great Escape tickets at the front desk. The park is literally across the street, this hotel is in the parking lot of the park. They are building a new pedestrian bridge so we can walk out of the hotel, on the sidewalk and onto and across the bridge without waiting for traffic.. yay! As a local can I just say how excited I am that I wont have another accident from pedestrians running in front of cars and causing bad accidents even though the traffic light said dont walk! And as a frequent visitor of Great Escape I am equally excited I dont have to wait for traffic, just lines at the windows, to get to the park..YAY! The rooms will be cleaner due to more staff and stricter guidelines with the new management, the food better, though I will miss those night time campfires at Samoset cabins where the old management came out with marshmallows and lit the fire so we could all sit around it and enjoy it. But now we get a water park inside, I guess the marshmallows can wait for a camp out!

• Stayed: May 2004
3  Thank LakeGeorgePrincess
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2004

We just got back today for our stay in Lake George at the Samoset Cabins on the Great Escape Resort.
We absolutely LOVED it! It was so rustic, warm and cozy. What other hotel offers you grounds with a campfire? We also loved our little front porch in the midst of the beautiful scenery-- tall trees, acorns, cute little chipmunks... while sipping hot chocolate.
WE LOVED IT and plan to stay there each time we visit Lake George!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, NY
Reviewed 3 June 2004

We had a bad experience once, before the new management came on. Ever since we have enjoyed our stay there. Unfortunately, they are not going to be there after this summer because of new development of an indoor water park. We will miss the Samoset Cabins very much. I can't tell you how much fun my kids have had there. There is no place else like it in Lake George. Will miss them dearly!

Reviewed 15 September 2003

Stayed at the Samoset Cabins for a weekend. Arrived after work on a Friday to find out that the main office closes at 9:30pm - No one mentioned this when we booked the room. Went into our hotel room - not a cabin - and found red hair on bathroom floor. No one in my family is a redhead. It was late, so next morning I had my husband leave money in the housekeeping envelope hoping they would take care of the bathroom floor. Hair was still there. I cannot stay in a place with a filthy bathroom. How difficult is it to vacuum or sweep. Will never ever stay there again. Horrible!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member