“Cozy, comfortable stay”

Ranked #48 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Western Finland, Finland
“Cozy, comfortable stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here visiting lake george. We stayed in cottage unit 2. It was very quaint and cozy. The cottage was clean and I loved staying there. We took full advantage of the free canoe use and were able to row the 2 miles to the downtown village area, walk around and row back. Great stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1000MilesBehind

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here for six nights during the Adirondack Nationals car show in early September. It was a terrific stay, as usual. It is pleasantly rustic, very clean, and has all the activities one looks for in an Adirondack vacation...canoeing (free!), shuffleboard, fire pit, two pools, one heated, and very warm for September!, it is close to downtown, and the owners, (Frank and Marion) work very hard to keep the property updated and clean. The power went out for a few hours at dusk one day, and Frank came around with candles to ensure we wouldnt be left in the dark. They truly care that your stay is a pleasant one. The cabins are well stocked with every utensil, pan, dish, and gadget you could possibly need, and have been updated with flat screen TV's. If it gets a bit chilly in the evening, there are space heaters to warm the place up. I will always return to Cramers Point when visiting the Lake George area, because I know exactly what I am in store for..A Great Stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sheila C
England
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We had a good few days here. Rooms small and basic, and very ageing - not been updated for a couple of decades... Quite cramped layout, and maintenance needed - especially outside too, with poorly maintained pool and equipment.

So why a 4 star? Well, the homely atmosphere is great. All guests get on and lovely decks with own BBQ, communal fire circle, loads to do for kids, two pools. And the best bit is the small beach with free boat and canoe to use - a great spot to paddle from, to go out into the Lake and see the shore houses. Other places charge for their boats, but here you can use as much as you like.

So atmosphere and facilities lift from a 3 to a 4. If they kept better check on the maintenance and did up the rooms, it would make it a 5.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 99flake
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The cabins are rustic but comfortable. They were clean and the kitchen adequately stocked with utensils. Downside is that all the rooms are smoking and they do allow smoking at the pools. My family are not smokers and did not care for the smell. Would recommend febreeze and bringing own pillows/blankets. The walk to the beach was short but rocky. Enjoyed taking a ride out in the row boats. Enjoyed sitting out by the bonfire at night and visiting with other campers. My teens enjoyed the badmitton and pingpong table. Close to the village and nearby attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Davida N
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We are staying in unit 19 which is a 1 bedroom with Kitchen and a pullout sofa and Futon
We love it here you really get the feeling of being away your not on the main strip but 5 min drive away - which we prefer as I want to feel that I am not staying in a touristy spot - The grounds are well kept and you feel right at home I am picky but let me tell you depending on your fam size you can find a nice cottage with lake access playgrounds and pools whats better oh and your own barbq in front of your home....its perfect if you want your privacy as well as safety for your kids to roam and play with others and your own parking spot near your cottage for free. This is perfect for especially city folks that want to get away and have your little home away from home you can not beat the price. We will def come back So you can come with some snack shop for your meals and cook here eat outside your cottage table umbrella provided its so nice here We drove around others and we are so happy with our pick !!! Safety as only reserved residents are allowed as well greenery and the smell of fresh air whats better and if you want to go into town you can as well
There are also groups of couples as well so its an all around great place !!

Room Tip: Walmart is close as well as the village etc units 15 16 17 18 19 are smack in front of pool 19 tails...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rosal777
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I traveled from NYC to Lake George with a friend for the Fourth of July. Friends of ours were staying at Cramers Point for a few days. I had tried to book there too, but couldn't get a room for just the one nigh of July 4. On the 4th my friend and I stopped by to visit our friends who were staying there with the idea of joining them for a BBQ that they had invited us to. When we arrived the manager asked who we were and why were there. It felt like an interrogation. She basically threw a fit and belittled our friends who were the paying guests because we had not been 'registered' with the office before hand and we're not allowed on the property because we weren't staying there. She was all hung up on procedure and asked my friends for 'an apology' for not letting her know friends were stopping by. Rules fine, but there was a total lack of communication skills and customer service. We might have been potential customers had she handled the situation differently, but I'd never consider staying there after this experience given her hostile and whole 'put upon' attitude. We remained cool and in spite of the fit she was having and went to a nice dinner down the road. As I walked through the property I wouldn't have wanted to stay there anyway as it was very cramped and outdated. Everything was too close - cabins, poach, grill, swimming pool and hardly no room in between them. Her husband came out afterward and seemed embarrassed by her behavior as he witness her storming off after not getting her requested apology. Anyway, who asked guests for apologies? She should have been the one making one. Anyway, he was not helpful either and seemed afraid to counter wife. Sad, ridiculous and a completely disappointing experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank dfonyc
Mass
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My family stayed here for the Balloon Festival. We loved it. It was a great family friendly place. The room included an apartment size refridge and microwave. Two beds, very comfortable and super clean. The grounds included a fire pit with wood provided by the owners. A BBQ grill for each room and two playgrounds for the children. My sons had run playing basketball. It was a very quite place!! I give this place TWO thumbs up!!!

We will be back again!!!

Room Tip: In the off season they offer half price rooms!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
#3 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Cramers Point Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!