“THE best place to stay!!!!”

Cramers Point Motel & Cottages
Ranked #55 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 1 June 2007

This has got to be THE best place in Lake George to stay!! We went for the memorial day weekend, & it was wonderful! Marion was simply fantastic from my very 1st e-mail to when I contacted her after we got home. It was so beautiful & the cabin was like being at home. Sitting on the porch at night was pure Heaven! My hubby can't wait to go there again-neither can I. We want to bring our kids & grandchildren too.Even my in-laws want to go there!! This was the best weekend get-a-way we've had! We will definetally go back there again!! Thanks for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NYMimi_b

Reviewed 29 August 2006

I stayed in one of Cramer's Point Motel's cottages for a week this past june. We were very warmly greated by the owners and saw much of their family (6 or 7 kids, or something like that). Very nice people, but like to talk a lot. When we walked in the room, the smell was great, there were big windows and the room seemed to have a very unique (in a good way) style.

The kitchen was fully stocked, pots, pans, silverware, dishes, etc. The hot and cold water worked great, as hoped for. The bathroom seemed a bit old, but for the price, definately adequate. Though it looked old, it was definately clean. A paint job would solve all of that. It also seemed to be a little crowded with too much funiture. It would have been okay if the furniture was a little newer as well.

The motel had 2 pools (very clean), ping pong, volleyball, a tireswing (a suprisingly big swing, actually), shuffleboard and what seemed to be hundreds of little kids bikes and fisherprice toys. There were a few swingsets as well, but one seemed older than I am. My children had the time of their life. The road was a little close, but was not too bad. I wasnt too worried about my kids wandering up to it. As for a view, well, you could see the lake, but it was kind of "shaded" by the trees. Not the most beautiful view in the world.

The beach was alright. Beautiful view from there, but the shore was a little rocky. Also, there wasnt a whole lot of sand. It redeemed itself with the free rowboats and canoes though. The hike was not as bad as many say it is. lets face it, we could all use some exercise.

When we got back to the cabin, we would usually have a cookout on the supplied grill or have a campfire at the motel's bonfire pit. S'mores and marshmellows in the adirondacks... :)

The second half of the week rained. Luckily, we had cable too. The kids could enjoy themselves in the room. Also, there was a list in the office of things to do in crappy weather, so that helped out alot. As did the owners (like i said, they love to talk. They did have some great suggestions though).

The motel offered discounted tickets to the Great Escape, which was amazing. The kids had fun, as did the adults. The food in the village was good. Little places were not so good, but they had a lot of amazing Italian restaurants . That made up for the small local burger-joints. There was plenty to do in the town as well. My children made friends with some of the owners' youngest children and they were sad to leave their friends. We will definately be coming back next year.

GREAT MOTEL! I recommend it completely.
-John

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank JonnyBoy1961
Roanoke,Virginia
Reviewed 4 October 2005

Did my research or so I thought.Did the automatic rate calculator.Phoned to confirm price,ect.,because I was not sure a two room efficiency cottage had 1 or 2 bathrooms with shower.I was told,2! If only 1 ,I would have looked elsewhere.Gave credit card #.Several hours later,recieved a call saying,"it will be more,the rate calculator was wrong,because Sunday,was more & could not use credit card.When arriving must pay cash.They love cash!Web cam showed 2 rooms.Later it was explained as 2 different views not rooms.I arrived & found 1 bedroom,1kitchen,1bath.If you like sleeoing 6 in 1 room,wall to wall or,sleeping. in the kitchen,this is the place for you.The couple with us had to stay elsewhere.The place was reasonabley clean,but we did spend time swating flies.

Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 October 2005

I just wanted to add to the good reviews seen here as trip advisor was a great help in deciding where to stay in lake george.Cramers Point is a clean and comfortable family place.My husband and three kids
enjoyed our stay there very much.Friendly owners,clean
log cabin,everything we needed.A short ride to all attractions,and I'd recommend it to anyone,and I'd definiteley stay there again.There is a bit of a steep walk to the beach,but we enjoyed the lake,and
look forward to going back.

5  Thank mikenco
queens, ny
Reviewed 31 July 2004

We stayed here for a week and we were very comfortable. Cute, country cabin was very well stocked! There was nothing needed, tons of cooking ware and extra blankets provided. the 2 pools were clean and there was a lot of toys for kids to play within the play areas! We esp. enjoyed the bonfire-Mmmm, s'mores every night. Yes, this is a bit of a hike down to the lake but it's safe for kids and great exercise for us adults.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2004

I spent 4 nights at this motel and was very happy with what I found. If you are looking for a 4 star hotel, this is not for you. If you're looking for the woodsy feel of a cottage than this is perfect! Although not fancy, the rooms were very clean, the prices were affordable and the grounds were well maintained. I had 3 kids with me, ages 9 - 12 who were kept busy during down time, using the two swimming pools, ping pong & shuffleboards. They offer grills to cook on, which saved a lot of money. The owners were extremely friendly & helpful. If I ever make it back to the area, I would definately stay here again.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Worcester, MA
Reviewed 5 December 2003

I booked this through the description I received on their website. When I phoned them to make a reservation I mentioned that I had two small children. Well, they failed to mention to me that my rental was practically right on top of the road. As far as I could see, the pictures on the website did not reflect this either. As far as the beach goes, it is quite the walk with steep inclines. Not the type of walk to do with two small children and their beach 'stuff'. I was unable to allow my children to play outside and the walks to the beach were not fun. The place was clean enough and had a lot of little tikes toys for the children.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded 8 February 2004

We have a layout map on our website which includes the roads, so you can see exactly where your unit is in relation to the roads or you can ask. Our play areas are not near the roads. Our beach is described as being 500 ft. away and downhill. Children don't find this difficult at all, but if you are out of shape, you will find the walk back up to be great exercise! In either case, the view is well worth the walk. Free rowboats and a canoe for the effort! check us out ...