“Open at whim”

97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Open at whim”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Went there and the place was closed. No signs as to hours of operation or if they were closed for the season or anything. I spoke with a few locals and local merchants who told me that the place is hardly open. One person told me that no matter when they tried to go there it was always closed.

Reading some of the reviews here, I have a feeling I lucked out by it being closed. I do love curiosities and oddities and miss some of the Dime Museum-like venues.

Visited September 2013
13 Thank Mitchell K

New Paltz, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My daughter loved it!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great place...we showed up near closing and the owner gave us a private magic show...nice people. Very interesting collection of items.

Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cool! Would go back again.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The local guide has coupons for various places in Lake George. This place had $1.00 off so when we arrived and the walk-in fee was only $6.49 we said heck why not with the extra buck off. I guess what would you expect for that price, but the place was pretty cool and had some neat historical items. I guess if you are someone who doesn't read, wants a lot of "Flash" and essentially doesn't know what a museum is, then it's not a place for you. However we give five stars for being inexpensive yet entertaining! Would go back.

4 Thank Jack W
Yonkers, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Not what I expected for the price. Disappointed at the fact that there was only one floor. Some of the stuff inside was cool, but would not recommend for small children. My daughter was freaked out by the Exorcist wax figure.

9 Thank emarin1976
Otis, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Cheapest attraction at $5.49”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We went with friends and had a coupon for $1.00. Not a huge place, but well worth the price of $5.49. Would go back, fun and something different.

Visited June 2013