“Great food....but...."No problem" was a problem”
Review of Log Jam Restaurant

Log Jam Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I visit here every trip to Lake George. Although some things are overpriced, the specials are great....have never had a problem with any of the food we have ordered. It is well worth the price.The salad bar is always fresh and cold and always looks very appetizing. No complaints until today. Our server must have said "no problem" 50 times. Instead of saying "you're welcome" every time I said thank you...it was "no problem." Is it just me or does that sound rude? I wish restaurants would train their staff to politely say..".you're welcome" instead of "no problem." Other than that..our trip to Log Jam was great !

logjamrestaurant, General Manager at Log Jam Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Excellent points. A little refresher course on being a little more attentive to what and how we say things will be a topic over the next few days. We appreciate your continued patronage and the constructive criticism.

There are newer reviews for Log Jam Restaurant

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We always eat at the Log Jam - love the salad bar. We had mushrooms stuffed with crab meat and they were great. Also shared prime rib and porterhouse steak. Both cooked to perfection. We always skip dessert because we are always stuffed. We always make reservations and got it right away. The staff is always friendly. The only issue we had was sitting next to family with little kids who whined and did not speak english so I guess the dirty look I gave them worked.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

this is a very charming restaurant with great food and an amazing salad ba , the staff was wonderful, could not have asked for anything better.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited this restaurant during a vacation recently (2014). It was one of the few open on a Monday evening. The restaurant was suggested to us and the reviews seemed pretty good. We were able to get in very quickly. There is a good sized salad bar with a nice variety of offerings. The menu is some what limited and entrees include the salad bar. I had the pork chops topped with mango chutney which was very good and perfectly prepared. The portion was HUGE. Considering sharing, taking home or just getting the salad bar. My husband had the fish which was also a HUGE portion. Although the portion was big, the price was bigger. His meal cost more than double mine. The meal was good but not worth the price for pan fried fish. The service is very good, once they realized we were there early. The wait staff work in groups of 3. According to the server the menu, owners and chef have not changed since the 1980's. I guess they should know what they are doing at that rate. Over all it is way too much food and a bit pricey. However, if you are able to take home leftovers it is a double meal value. So, it depends on your situation. I would go back but not for anything special and we would absolutely share one meal (and we are good eaters).

1  Thank Island2Foodie
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Driving to Rutland, the road took us below Lake George at dinner time. We saw an attractive "Log Cabin" with a crowded parking lot and decided to take a chance. What a great experience! The best salad bar I've ever been too.... trouble was we ate too much at the delicious salad bar that we could hardly eat our main course! We had the grilled salmon and the raspberry grilled chicken. Both meals were awesome and we got left overs to bring to the hotel to eat later! We will definitely stop by again on our next time past!