“Best Place in Town!!!!!”
Review of The RainTree

The RainTree
Ranked #87 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse, Pub, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Best Place in Town!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Me and my guys go to the RainTree every time we are in Lake George!! They have the best food, and ALWAYS make us feel like family!! Don't ever go to Lake George without stopping here . Can't wait to see you guys in August!!! Denise & the 2 Tim's!! <3

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank junebug011

Lake George, NY
“There's no place like home.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Living in Lake George and being single I often go out to eat alone. The owner's and staff at the Rain Tree always make me feel at home. The new dining room and sports bar is beautiful and the food is great. If you want a place that appreciates your patronage, treat's you as family and makes you feel at home, this is that place. Mark A. Northrup

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mark N
NJ
“Decent service, but food was pretty bad.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

After reading the Tripadvisor reviews on the RainTree, we figured we'd give it a shot. Boy, were we disappointed. We were a party of 10 and they had reserved a table for us since we called ahead. The atmosphere was nice and our waitress was decent enough, but we were all disappointed with the food. The entrees were not cheap, $18 or more, which is expected especially in a tourist area, but for what the meals tasted like, they are way overpriced.

In seemed that in general, everything lacked flavor. A few in our ordered taco salads that were ok, but I don't think that you can judge a restaurant by its taco salads. A few ordered the prime rib, which completely lacked flavor. Even the au jus served with the meat didn't taste like anything. They ended up ordering horseradish just so the meat would taste like something. So I'm not sure if they just weren't good cuts of meat or what the problem was. There were a few that ordered the ribs. One order came out ok, the other order was completely dry. That was sent back and the replacement one that came out was ok. Another in our party got the linguine with clam sauce. That dish also completely lacked flavor and the clams were overcooked so they were rubbery.

Out of our party, the majority of people were displeased with their food. So I think it's safe to say that we will not be back to the RainTree.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CMag_845
“Caught Off Guard”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My extended family and I have been coming to Lake George for over 30 years. We love our vacation here. However, the food has always left something to be desired. A few years ago we stumbled upon the Raintree. The food was above average for Lake George! We thought we had finally found a place to enjoy a good meal. I am not writing this review about the food though. This year out large party called and made a reservation. Upon arriving at the Raintree we were told that we all must sit at separate tables. This was supposed to be our big family dinner and the staff refused to move some tables together. The hostess, who I assume is also the owner, was downright rude. We have never in all our years in Lake George had trouble sitting at one table. In fact, we sat together the year before at this very establishment! After a long and complicated meal a member of my family went to voice his dissatisfaction. The owner raised her voice in a highly unprofessional way and the two exchanged words. She was downright nasty. Maybe she was having a bad day but as a professional in a business where customer service is of the highest importance insulting a paying customer is inexcusable. I am not sure what kind of service the reviews below me experienced but in my opinion they seem biased towards the owners. I am writing this review in an effort to provide a fair perspective. Go for the decent food, just don't expect good service.

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank Cindg
Clifton Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Friendly Staff and Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We arrived around 5:00. Four adults and 2 children (4yrs. and 6yrs.). We were given a hearty greeting at the door and the waitresses could not do enough to please the kids, from bringing coloring books to putting a cartoon show on one of the TVs. They overheard that it was my grand daughter's birthday and surprised her with a candle lit dessert and rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday". Even the owner came out from the kitchen where he was cooking pizza in order to join in the singing. I've never written a review before, but just had to comment on what a sincerely friendly staff they have. Oh yeah, the food is excellent too! Go there! You'll love it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill G

Been to The RainTree? Share your experiences!