“BEST Italian Cheesecake”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I love this place and visit it every year as a special trip. My favorite meal is the tortellini soup with fresh cheese grated on top and salad and then for dessert the italian cheesecake!!!!

Besides the meal being awesome so is Sal the owner he goes out of his way to make things special no matter who you are!!!

This will always be my favorite place in Lake George NY.

1  Thank TracieD69

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We ate here during our stay in Lake George in October 2011. Since it was the off season we got a seat right away and did not have to wait long at all to be served. We chose to sit on the patio which was inclosed with glass but offered a nice view of the leaves/mountains.

I ordered the cheese tortellini with their minestrone soup. Both were delicious. Not to mention the bread that comes with the meals was still warm and extremely fresh!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Mama Riso's was recommended to us by the hotel. We were three hungry & tired business women watching our diets...but let that get away once we heard the server describe the selections.
The portions are generous, so we started with a salad that was basic with a nice dressing, Warm bread & olive oil was provided. The tomato-based sauces had distinct flavors (did not taste like stuff from a jar) and made each of us happy, including our resident maker of gravy!
Prices were affordable.
Would recommend for a small town good Italian meal experience.

1  Thank Portena-by-Marriage
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have been coming to the Lake George area for 20 years now and had never tried this restaurant. We had always heard great things about it, we are here for our 25th anniversary this week and had a restaurant.com coupon for Mama Riso's. We just arrived late Sunday afternoon after a long drive and decided to finally try it (big mistake) The place was dark and looked extremely outdated, we ordered cocktails and then dinner. My husbands minestrone soup tasted like it came from a can(we were told we do no have any soups just this). I ordered a seafood special. The salad came house italian dressing (tasted again like out of a bottle), my dinner came and the portion was so small. Ok good things come in small packages so I said lets eat. First bite there was a shell in my mouth, ok then my husband hears something crunching on my teeth MORE SHELLS!!!! 3 times shells, so I ask the waitress to please take this away and I would like something else , she has to ask the chef!!
Well the bill comes and they refuse our coupon after all this, it has no expiration printed on it. A very rude waitress comes out and is arguing with us, we will not take this, we do not do business with them any more ,we will take $10 off your bill only. We asked to speak to the owner. She comes back out and said he told me to take $10 off and that is it, slaps the bill down. This man did not even come out to speak to us. We own very a very sucessful business in Long Island, NY and customer service is our top priority. We make make sure all of our customers are satisfied and leave with a pleasant experience. This was thier coupon!!! Unbelievable--everyonw will hear about this, we have two lodges at The Lodges at Creathaven and believe me will will tell everyone how we were treated!!!!

4  Thank Flopete
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Food was ok. Wouldn't say bad , wouldn't say great. Had a nice view.