“Delicious Dinner!”

Dining options: Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Delicious Dinner!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My cousin and I recently went to dinner at the Caldwell House. We arrived at 6:05 thinking that the early bird special went till 6:30. Our waitress, Mary, was excellent. When I explained that I had read 6:30 online, she spoke to the manager and he honored the time. Mary brought us a complimentary cheese spread and crackers for us to start with. Next we both had the broiled scallops and they were delicious. Dessert was included with the early bird special. I had key lime pie and my cousin had bread pudding. Both were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely eat here again when in Lake George.

New Rochelle, New York
“Not as expected based on reviews”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our anniversary dinner, based on excellent reviews. This restaurant is charming looking. We arrived at 6PM and asked if we could still get the "Early Bird" and the hostess said we could. By the time the server came to our table at 6:15 PM, she grudgingly said she would allow us to have the "Early Bird" "this time"! Service was slow, crab cake appetizers were room temperature and bland. My husband's steak was not cooked to order and had to be sent back, while my dinner cooled off as I waited for his steak to return. The dinners were of average taste. We were entitled to dessert, which our server told us was bread pudding or key lime pie. We ordered the key lime pie and coffee, but a few minutes later, were told they had "run out" of the pie. It was only 7:30PM....We then asked for the bill, which took so long that we finally had to ask the hostess for it. Needless to say, we will not return. We had a lovely anniversary, just not a lovely dinner. If you want a good meal away from the village, try East Cove....it was excellent.

3 Thank TRMCats
“Great Find in Lake George”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have been going to Lake George for many years and have found that you really need to get out of the village area to find decent dining. We had passed this place a few times before but never tried it. This time we did, and we really wish we had earlier. The place is very charming inside and our server was very friendly and accommodating. My husband splurged on the king crab legs and he said they were the best he's ever had. I had the stuffed scallops and they were so rich and filling and delicious. Will definitely eat here again on our next visit to Lake George.

1 Thank NewJerseyBossFan
“Great value”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a wonderful meal with the worlds nicest wait staff. Don't get anything in size large. The petite size was too much for us. Good quality steak and lobster tails. Definitely worth a return visit.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Clarissa W
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Very nice dinner.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This restaurant was rated highly on trip adviser. While it was good compared to most restaurants in Lake George, it was nothing special compared to home. The staff was very nice and the meal was good but not memorable.

Visited July 2014