“Excellent dining”

Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Ate here a few nights ago. We showed up without a reservation but were able to be seated, although people arriving after us did have a short wait. Food and service were excellent, ambiance is warm and friendly. Would definitely return for another meal next time in Lake George.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a nice family meal here. Food fantastic great server~Josh. They do have early bird special, you should make reservations.

1  Thank Jody W
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our group of 10 dined at the Caldwell House in Lake George, NY in July. The Caldwell House is very quaint and rustic inside. Food was great, we all ordered something different and everyone was very pleased with their meals. Martini's were fabulous, a large assortment, from fruity, to salty. Our waitress Mary was very accommodating, helpful with our requests, very personable and funny too. Overall experience was great would dine there again. Thanks Mary for the "Rum" tip :) ..

1  Thank JTonto013
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My cousin and I recently went to dinner at the Caldwell House. We arrived at 6:05 thinking that the early bird special went till 6:30. Our waitress, Mary, was excellent. When I explained that I had read 6:30 online, she spoke to the manager and he honored the time. Mary brought us a complimentary cheese spread and crackers for us to start with. Next we both had the broiled scallops and they were delicious. Dessert was included with the early bird special. I had key lime pie and my cousin had bread pudding. Both were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely eat here again when in Lake George.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our anniversary dinner, based on excellent reviews. This restaurant is charming looking. We arrived at 6PM and asked if we could still get the "Early Bird" and the hostess said we could. By the time the server came to our table at 6:15 PM, she grudgingly said she would allow us to have the "Early Bird" "this time"! Service was slow, crab cake appetizers were room temperature and bland. My husband's steak was not cooked to order and had to be sent back, while my dinner cooled off as I waited for his steak to return. The dinners were of average taste. We were entitled to dessert, which our server told us was bread pudding or key lime pie. We ordered the key lime pie and coffee, but a few minutes later, were told they had "run out" of the pie. It was only 7:30PM....We then asked for the bill, which took so long that we finally had to ask the hostess for it. Needless to say, we will not return. We had a lovely anniversary, just not a lovely dinner. If you want a good meal away from the village, try East Cove....it was excellent.

3  Thank TRMCats