“Dr Morbids should be ashamed”

Dr. Morbid's Haunted House
Ranked #12 of 28 Tours in Lake George
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Dr Morbids should be ashamed”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family and I have vacationed in Lake George for the past 5 summers. I have three children who love the Great Escape, the beach, the mini golf and everything about our annual visit. This year we toured Fort William Henry and it was a great tour. I however need to share with you the terrible experience we had at Dr Morbid's haunted house.

While we were in Lake George recently we walked by Dr Morbids one night and my kids asked what a haunted house was. I explained the concept to them and they wanted to go and check it out. We walked in and paid our entry (me, my wife and our kids). We then waited for the tour to start. No more than 2 minutes later my daughter started to panic in fear. While trying to calm her down my son started to cry as well. Clearly we had made a mistake and they were not ready for a haunted house. We walked out and I explained to the young lady (Susan) at the cash that we would not be going on the tour as 2 of my kids were too scared. I asked for a refund and she refused. I tried to explain the situation to her but she is obviously a part time clerk who did not have the authority nor the training to do the right thing. Or so I thought. I called a few days later and reached the Manager Dave. I explained to Dave what had happened and he basically laughed and said too bad! I asked for a refund and he said that they have a policy not to refund. I went on to explain that I was not asking for a refund because I did not like the tour, rather I was asking for a refund as we did not go on the tour. Dave went on to belittle my concern and finally said (and I am quoting word for word here) "sir, the goal of a haunted house is to get scared, it sounds like we managed to accomplish that goal in 5 seconds... you got what you paid for and I will not refund you". I was shocked at his lack of respect. This is supposed to be a reputable business. The attitude of Dave and the Dr Morbid haunted house is the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced. To say that I will never return there is an understatement.

18 Thank Markgut

Valley Stream
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Good for a scare or two”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I went with two nephews and they are 10 and 8. The whole thing only takes about 20 minutes. The 8 year old was nervous so he did not go in. The 10 year old acted tough but at one point he told me that he was not afraid but could I hold him. I did and he was fine. It is a rapid action guided tour with things popping out of walls and hidden doors. Really not for little ones or nervous ones.

West Hempstead
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I Personally Didn't Go In...”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

but my two 14-year old girls did- they love scary places. I don't. I hate being jumped out at. that all being said, this is their take on the place...

"It was spooky. We couldn't understand the "guide"- her fake accent was really bad."

That's all I'll say because I don't want to ruin the surprises. I do know they came back out into the waiting area screaming. A good scare for the money.

Holden, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We happened to be walking by this haunted house on the popular and busy Canada Street in Lake George and decided to try it. My 16 year old loves haunted houses and ghosts so we hoped it would be a hit. We were not disappointed! We were led through dark halls by a female guide who explained what had happened in each room we entered and who truly made the experience so much more scary by the inflection in her voice and random, unexpected high pitched screams. There was another actor who shocked us by running by us while yelling various things. My 16 year old's reaction was well worth the price of admission...she loved it!

Houston
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

While this attraction was short (10-15 minutes) and expensive ($9+), it was well-done and scary. The actors really make it exciting. The male guide was really good - made you scream and laugh.