“Cheesey fun”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Cheesey fun”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Don't expect a grand experience, its one of those silly touristy things you just have to do...it's your standard haunted house although I couldn't understand our guide...it didn't matter anyway...its your run of the mill haunted house..(although better than frankenstein's down the road)

1 Thank jlas327

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Scream”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Went to Dr Morbids as i love to be scared for no reason. It's very well done the guide did well at shocking us and the special effect although tacky are a lot of fun my girlfriend screamed like a banshee though out as it was just the 2 of us on the tour . would i return ...probably not but i recommend people to try tit at least once

Meriden, Connecticut
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Scary and good fun”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

About a 12 minute tour, very dark, good effects, no one actually touches you, but live performers, jump out, great costumes. price was fair, about $9 for adults, $7 for kids

1 Thank Dave C
Ottawa, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good Attraction”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

They have 2 different tours, one for kids and one for adults. We did the kids one and it got the kids scared, which is what they wanted. I'm sure the adult tour would be more intense or scary. About 12 minutes long for $ 10.00 an adult and $6 i believe for kids.

1 Thank Evan G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Dr Morbids should be ashamed”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family and I have vacationed in Lake George for the past 5 summers. I have three children who love the Great Escape, the beach, the mini golf and everything about our annual visit. This year we toured Fort William Henry and it was a great tour. I however need to share with you the terrible experience we had at Dr Morbid's haunted house.

While we were in Lake George recently we walked by Dr Morbids one night and my kids asked what a haunted house was. I explained the concept to them and they wanted to go and check it out. We walked in and paid our entry (me, my wife and our kids). We then waited for the tour to start. No more than 2 minutes later my daughter started to panic in fear. While trying to calm her down my son started to cry as well. Clearly we had made a mistake and they were not ready for a haunted house. We walked out and I explained to the young lady (Susan) at the cash that we would not be going on the tour as 2 of my kids were too scared. I asked for a refund and she refused. I tried to explain the situation to her but she is obviously a part time clerk who did not have the authority nor the training to do the right thing. Or so I thought. I called a few days later and reached the Manager Dave. I explained to Dave what had happened and he basically laughed and said too bad! I asked for a refund and he said that they have a policy not to refund. I went on to explain that I was not asking for a refund because I did not like the tour, rather I was asking for a refund as we did not go on the tour. Dave went on to belittle my concern and finally said (and I am quoting word for word here) "sir, the goal of a haunted house is to get scared, it sounds like we managed to accomplish that goal in 5 seconds... you got what you paid for and I will not refund you". I was shocked at his lack of respect. This is supposed to be a reputable business. The attitude of Dave and the Dr Morbid haunted house is the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced. To say that I will never return there is an understatement.

Visited July 2013