Glenmoore Lakeside Cottages and Lodge
Lake Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$88
Econo Lodge Downtown(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$100
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hampton.com
Quality Inn Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$100
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$70
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$83
Studio Motel of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$52
Travelocity
US$92
The Lodges at Cresthaven(Lake George)
US$216
All reviewsglen lakenew ownersdocksider restaurantspruce cabina wonderful vacationdeck overlooking the lakeadirondack stylepaddle boardsfire pitthe location is perfectkerryaliciaboatsguestspropertywakeadirondacks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed at the Glenmoore in the Spruce Cottage for four nights in early September. The location is ideal...right on Glen Lake close to but also a world away from the Lake George crowds. Property is tidy and right on the lake. Well worn kids area and canoes and row boats for you to use! Proprietors friendly but give you your space. Cottages are clean but dated...which can be okay! Being some kitchen supplies since some things are missing such as cutting board and sharp knife. Relax and enjoy the quiet and beauty of this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ReviewerfromPhilly
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I were looking to get away to spend some time together after we dropped our kids off at college. We love to swim, bike, hike, boat, relax and just enjoy being in a beautiful place. Sitting on the deck at night overlooking Glen Lake was incredibly cleansing. The lodge is extremely tranquil and very close to all the shopping, restaurants, and sightseeing if you want to explore. The rooms in the lodge (there are cottages too but they were all booked) are all quaint with all the necessities though simple. All the people we met staying were all very nice to talk to.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chervinator
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have sent my son and dogs and my mom to a cottage with a pool (but doggies are not allowed in the pool) before but this time I was looking for a lake where my son and my yellow lab can jump and just swim endlessly. I found this place on line. I was nervous on what we will find out when we get there. I was looking for a cottage but they're all full, so we were given the 2 BR lodge. Thank God because our view is the peaceful lake. We were on the 2nd floor and we have a terrace, and there's the view of the lake again. We have a barbecue area on the first floor. The place is a little outdated but clean. That's what matters most. Very simple but gets the job done. Nature, nature... that's amazing! 4-5 hours drive but all worth it !!!

Room Tip: If you want to see the view of the lake, use Lodge 1...
2  Thank skyekuya
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is our second stay with Dave and Denise in as many years. We fell in love with the charm and tranquility the first time we were here in August of 2011 and have decided with our two sons (12 and 13) to make it an annual affair.

The cottages are spotless and provide everything we are looking for. The grounds are perfectly manicured, clean and PEACEFUL. The lake is also clean and warm (for swimming) and has a good variety of fish (large mouth bass, pickerel, sunfish etc.).

You will love this place and so will your pocketbook. Don't tell them, but their prices are WAY less than what we would have expected.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My family decided to get away for a few days, and I found this place on an internet search. The Glenmoore brings you back to a simpler time. We stayed in the lodge - which is basically a very large summer lake house. I loved the history the lodge had (thanks to the owner Dave for sharing so much of the history), and was absolutely impressed with the great location. The large deck literally places you on beautiful Glen Lake and is a great place to read, decompress or eat dinner. I personally enjoyed sitting on the screened porch or in the grass area under the trees. My children (13 & 17) loved using the canoe and spent many hours on the lake canoeing - this lake is much quieter than Lake George which allowed me to let my son go in the canoe on his own without any worry. The dock was a great place to fish, sunbath, or just relax. The entire place was clean, and served the purpose for which we came - to get away for a few days and relax! There was enough to do in the surrounding area to keep my type A personality busy. We were close to Lake George Village and spent some time there enjoying what it had to offer - but we were glad to get back to the Glenmoore after an afternoon of walking around the tourist area of the village. I would recommend bringing beach chairs or lounge chairs if you want to sit on the dock. We will go back again, and bring kayaks to enjoy on the lake even more.

Room Tip: Every room has something different to offer. Room 7 is on the ground floor and looks right on the lake.
1  Thank Moureen W