Glenmoore Lakeside Cottages and Lodge
Wakita Motel(Queensbury)
  • Pool
Martha's Motel(Queensbury)
View Hotel
Tall Pines Motel(Lake George)
  • Pool
All reviewsglen lakenew ownersdocksider restaurantspruce cabina wonderful vacationdeck overlooking the lakeadirondack stylepaddle boardsfire pitthe location is perfectkerryaliciaboatsguestspropertywakeadirondacks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at The Glenmoore this past week. Dave was a friendly and warm host. We stayed in The Tamarack which was nestled under beautiful White Pines. The cottage was cozy, very clean and pet friendly.
It was so relaxing sipping our morning coffee sitting by the tranquil lake.
The property is spotless.
A short drive and you have access to all shopping and restaurants on Route 9.
We absolutely loved this place and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NewYorkCityMoonchild
Reviewed 20 September 2012

As its been mentioned plenty of times on other reviews for various places to stay, this ain't the Ritz or the Holiday Inn. Let me start off by saying the owners are very friendly and nice. The location of this property is prime if you like to stay away from all the crowds but like a quiet place to stay and still be very close to all the action and site attractions. We stayed in the Hemlock cottage. It was rustic and very clean but also outdated. The beds creaked something fierce every time we got into or out of the beds which kept waking the other person. The shower head was short for even an average person, I am 5'6" and just fit but my husband had to bend over. The grounds and the lake access seemed to be very nice as we didn't really experience them because we were always out and about. Also as its been mentioned before its very dog friendly and there is a trail to walk to your dog...just ask the owners.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Neatoconchito
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed at the Glenmoore in the Spruce Cottage for four nights in early September. The location is ideal...right on Glen Lake close to but also a world away from the Lake George crowds. Property is tidy and right on the lake. Well worn kids area and canoes and row boats for you to use! Proprietors friendly but give you your space. Cottages are clean but dated...which can be okay! Being some kitchen supplies since some things are missing such as cutting board and sharp knife. Relax and enjoy the quiet and beauty of this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ReviewerfromPhilly
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I were looking to get away to spend some time together after we dropped our kids off at college. We love to swim, bike, hike, boat, relax and just enjoy being in a beautiful place. Sitting on the deck at night overlooking Glen Lake was incredibly cleansing. The lodge is extremely tranquil and very close to all the shopping, restaurants, and sightseeing if you want to explore. The rooms in the lodge (there are cottages too but they were all booked) are all quaint with all the necessities though simple. All the people we met staying were all very nice to talk to.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chervinator
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have sent my son and dogs and my mom to a cottage with a pool (but doggies are not allowed in the pool) before but this time I was looking for a lake where my son and my yellow lab can jump and just swim endlessly. I found this place on line. I was nervous on what we will find out when we get there. I was looking for a cottage but they're all full, so we were given the 2 BR lodge. Thank God because our view is the peaceful lake. We were on the 2nd floor and we have a terrace, and there's the view of the lake again. We have a barbecue area on the first floor. The place is a little outdated but clean. That's what matters most. Very simple but gets the job done. Nature, nature... that's amazing! 4-5 hours drive but all worth it !!!

Room Tip: If you want to see the view of the lake, use Lodge 1...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family