Glenmoore Lakeside Cottages and Lodge
Scotty's Lakeside Resort(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$129
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$215
Tea Island Resort(Lake George)
US$133
Admiral Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$100
Heritage of Lake George Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$196
US$190
US$113
Quality Inn of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$140
QualityInn
Marine Village Resort(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$143
Hotels.com
The Lodges at Cresthaven(Lake George)
US$666
All reviewsglen lakenew ownersdocksider restaurantspruce cabina wonderful vacationdeck overlooking the lakeadirondack stylepaddle boardsfire pitthe location is perfectkerryaliciaboatsguestspropertywakeadirondacks
Reviewed 29 October 2006

I stayed two nights in the Spruce cottage, along with other family, for a quick trip to the Lake George area. The cottage was totally charming & comfortable, and very very clean & warm. Our cottage had two bedrooms and two baths, a full kitchen, living room with cable/satellite color tv, a screened in front porch and a screened in back porch. It was furnished very comfortably in the "cottage chic" fashion which is part of the charm of a small cottage or cabin. We were four adults, all gathering from different parts of the US, and the cottage accommodated us nicely. With 4 adults the space was tight, but still very relaxing and enjoyable. We cooked two breakfasts and suppers in the kitchen with great ease, and it was nice to linger around the kitchen table and enjoy each others company. Another bonus, we were able to bring along a pet, for a small fee. We have no complaints at all and would return again without hesitation. The owner greeted us when we arrived, and was super nice. The setting is also gorgeous! The lake was beautiful, and essentially just outside our front door!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank soozie
Reviewed 8 October 2006

I stayed in the Tamarack Cottage with my dog over the Columbus day weekend. Dave (one of the owners) was very conversational and down to earth. They offered a continental breakfast on Sat and Sun mornings which I didn't take advantage of because I had a kitchen in my cottage.

The cottage itself was fine - modern and comfortable but not snazzy. I had never rented a cottage before and I was very pleased and would definitely consider staying there again.

The location was great - 4 miles south of Lake George on Glen lake, a smaller but very pretty lake in its own right.

I read the negative reviews about this place but they sounded fishy to me and now that I have seen it for myself I wonder if those posters have ever even been to the Glenmoore, because my experience was nothing like theirs.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank daniel74z
Reviewed 8 October 2006

well, the only reviews of this place were from 2004, and although they weren't good reviews, we decided that perhaps the place had gone through some renovations since then. Guess not. We drove 4 hours to get here, and were greeted by the cold and rude manners of the owner. We mentioned we had a dog, which was reflected in the bill that we received a few days before our trip began, with a reasonable $9 fee per night for the dog. We were instructed to give the full balance upon arrival, by check or cash. This is the first time we had experienced such, as usually you give a deposit beforehand and pay after the stay. No problem. We made our first mistake by not asking for a tour of the cottage we booked before paying. We definitely wouldve left if we had seen the cottage first. We walked in to a cottage that was furnished from odds and ends probably found at garage sales in the area, and nothing looked clean. It was going to be cold that evening, so immediately we put the heat on 80 degrees. We arrived at 4pm, and by 530pm it was still cold. In fact, colder inside the cottage than outside! In that first hour, the septic was cleaned, and the materials were right next door to our cottage. We had our food out and the smell seeped into everything. It was dinner time and there was no way we were eating. When we booked, we mentioned we had a dog, and they never said there were special rules. The owner upon seeing our dog (btw, we brought her vaccination records, but they never requested them. not safe business, as they never asked for proof of her rabies shots), said not to leave the premises without her, that they had bad experiences with dogs and only leave her alone if really really necessary. if we had known this would be a problem, we wouldve booked elsewhere or brought her cage. Again, in the hour and 1/2 we were there, it was awful. The place was rundown and dirty. We decided that we wanted to leave, there was no way i was staying at a place this filthy and we approached the owners who were very upset with us. We tried to be civil and suggested that they keep more than half of the bill ($222), but they said they had never had anyone check out like this before. We read a prior review here that said someone shortened their stay at their place, so that is not true. Not to go on an on, but we ended up leaving when they gave us back $100 and told us we dont understand and this was unacceptable behavior and if we had tried to check in and they declined us based on our appearance, they would be taken to small claims court by us. Um, still dont understand how she can compare judging a person by their appearance and judging a facility based on its appearance to be the same thing. Weird logic. Anyway, steer clear of this place, there are several in the area worth looking in to.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
14  Thank momofmaggie
Reviewed 24 June 2004

Pretty much disappointed with the lodge facility for the amount charged.
Kids who love space in the room will feel very cramped up as the rooms are small.

:-(

12  Thank Vandyvenk
A TripAdvisor Member
Fords, NJ
Reviewed 23 June 2004

Hi,

I recently visited Lake George and picked Glenmoore lodge as I have a dog and this is one of the few pet friendly places. Pick this place only if you dont find any other place to stay.

I had termites in the room, very little hot water and the owner of the inn was rationing out food at breakfast as if to say he was doing us a favor by giving us butter with bread.

thanks