“Very quiet, clean grounds”

and 1 more site!
Glenmoore Lakeside Cottages and Lodge
Ranked #44 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Meriden, Connecticut
“Very quiet, clean grounds”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here again for Americade. Room 3 this time. This room in lodge was small and clean. Coffee in the morning. Dave the owner has a wealth of information about local attractions, and insights. Very relaxing after a busy day of riding and walking around town. The lake itself is clean. There is a play area if you have kids and they are pet friendly. Sleep is very quiet. Pillows were a bit thin. Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: There are cottages for larger groups if needed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
East Hartford
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My fiancee and I just came back from a couple's trip to the Glenmoore Lodge. We absolutely loved it! It was a perfect place to unwind and get away from it all. I used to stay here every year with my family when I was a kid, so being here brought back many fond memories. This was my first visit back since 1994, when it was owned by previous owners. It was a sort of homecoming. The owners David and Denise are very accommodating and really friendly. They really take great pride in the Glenmoore Lodge, and it shows. They genuinely care about the well being of their guests, and truly enjoy what they do. .

The grounds are clean, the cabin we stayed in was cozy and tidy, and the landscaping is very well maintained. We stayed in the Pine cabin and it was perfect for our needs. The cabin had a fridge and a microwave in the kitchen area, and a living room with a small TV. The bed was very comfortable, and the cabin was very clean. It also had a screened in porch too to sit out in. We also enjoyed the complimentary use of their rowboat on Glen Lake. What a great lake to paddle a rowboat or canoe, and to fish in. What more could you ask for? All in all, it was a memorable vacation, and we will be back. Except this time, it will be in a year instead of 19! There's a reason why many of the Glenmoore's guests are repeat visitors. Thank you Dave and Denise for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorktown Heights
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Glenmoore Lodge the week after Labor Day. I found the Glenmoore on the internet and we decided to go there based upon the positive reviews that I had read. From the reviews it sounded like it was exactly what we were looking for and as soon as I walked through the door I knew that it was. I won't repeat everything that has already been written, but suffice it to say that the positive reviews were spot-on. The Lodge is charming and I almost felt like I was staying in a private home. The owners, Dave and Denise, are so warm and welcoming, and also very helpful with advice on what to do and where to eat if you are new to the area, as we were. The setting is beautiful and quiet and could not be more relaxing, yet if you are looking for something to do, all the activity of Lake George is a short drive away. I heartily recommend the Glenmoore Lodge and can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have to say I was hesitate about bring the kids because every vacation we've been on there was always pressure to keep them busy with outings and activities. This year we got a dog and that really changed things in terms of outings. I was looking a resort situation that would allow dogs which was primary, pet owners understand not wanting to leave your dog behind if you can avoid doing it. Never having been to a pet friendly hotel or resort I was skeptical about the cleanliness of the room, I can report that the rooms were indeed clean. The property is clearly geared toward relaxation and very well maintained (nothing flashy). The property is situated right on the lake so the view is breathtaking especially in the early morning hours. There are tables and chairs set up on the deck by the lake for dining or just sitting and reading. The deck gives you an excellent view of the lake allowing you to supervise your kids. You have free use of the boats or you can opt to just laze around on the pier. There are BBQ grills through out the property so the option to save money on food was very appealing (Walmart was right on the main strip--9 South). The owners were very accommodating and patient (especially with my three kids and small dog). I don't think you can beat the price for the wonderful memories created here for me and my family. We will definitely make this an annual destination.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Crysvann
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The Glenmoore is on lovely Glen Lake and is the perfect place to kick back with a glass of wine and a good book while enjoying a stunning view of the lake. One can canoe, kayak or take out a rowboat for fishing. There are many miles of paved bike paths close by. Dave and Denise are great hosts and are very good at making your stay comfortable and accommodating guests. Great value for what you pay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I didn't want to spend $200 a night for the Holiday Inn or other similar places. With 3 small children, we had a hard time finding a place to stay for a reasonable price. The owners were excellent, making sure that we had anything we needed. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. Being only a few minute drive from Lake George made this a great find, but the best part was that being right on Glen Lake, you may not want to leave. They had a few row boats to use with a pier and comfortable porch over looking the lake.

I really liked that we didn't have to worry about security or our things. The entire place was wide open when we arrived. Dave and his wife were very personable and gave us suggestions on where to eat and things to do - and seemed to really care, as opposed to the chain places that really don't care.

Bottom line, help a family run business stay in business and stay here!

Room Tip: Family Room #1 was perfect for my wife and I with 3 children 5 and under.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aviation1st
Malverne
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A great place to come back to after all the commercialism of Lake George.The Glenmoorelodge is quiet and simple,granted its a little dated but clean,peaceful and comfortable.The lake is beautiful.There is a dock that you can swim off of or bring a lunch,glass of wine and enjoy.In the back of the lodge is a shaded deck with several tables right on the lake that you can sit at and enjoy.There are a few free rowboats and a conoe for your use.Aboutt 1/4 mile away is a good restaraunt,the Docksider,that has a coverred deck on Glen Lake with dinner specials every nite for 12.95 and you have to buy a drink,the food is good.You can row to the Docksder!For pet owners dogs are ok.Dave was a great host kept his distance but if ou need something he took care of it.The only negative is that the cottages are close but arranged in a way to give you privacy.We stayed in the Tamarack cottage which was nice,a little private for the close quarters and had a great screened porch.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family