Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort
Ranked #67 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 31 July 2013

the place was really good for the price , the room was clean and the surrounding , its closed to the lake , the town and closed to amusement park. one thing my daughter complain about was a weird old smell when you walk into the hallway to get to the room . beside that I think it was really good

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Miles R, Public Relations Manager at Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the nice review! We work hard to keep our facility clean and apologize for any distaste you may have felt with the smell.

If you have any further comments or concerns please feel free to contact Dick Willmen at 518-668-5727.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I like that the place was neat and clean. but the room was very small the toilet similar very small and the body towels small - I think it was meant for very small people. Was not excited about it.
We did not use the facilities other than the morning breakfast which is more a continental breakfast - nice but not lots of variety.

Room Tip: Call before you come - make sure they expect you!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Miles R, Public Relations Manager at Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Haim,

We are sorry to hear that you felt your room was small. To go over room sizes that are available or any other concerns or questions you have please feel free to call Dick Willmen at 518-668-5727.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My Mother, 3 year old daughter and I just enjoyed another lovely vacation at the Colonel Williams Resort in Lake George. We stayed in a Super Queen room and the room was very spacious and immaculately clean. The Owners keep their property so clean and take such good care of it which is rare in this day and age. The outdoor pool area is very private and has such lovely views of the mountains. My daughter loved the breakfast wagon and the kiddie playground also. The trolley stops right outside which is another added convenience. If you are looking for a family resort that is spotless and quiet, this is the place for you.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review about your stay at Colonel Williams Resort! We are glad to hear that your daughter loved the playground and the breakfast cart!!

We hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. Everyone was extremely helpful. From directions, to advice on what to do and see, they were great. Rooms were spotless. Location is very convenient to everything. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear our staff was helpful and friendly!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Our family has been staying at the Colonel Williams Motel and Resort for the last 20 years. It is one of the most beautifully landscaped motel's in the area. The owner is always out there taking care of the property and it shows. The rooms are always being updated and they are meticulous. We have four children and go every summer. My only complaint would be the size of the bath towels, they tend to be a little small. Otherwise everything else is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I stayed at the Colonel Williams a little while back and had a wonderful stay. I was shocked to read negative things about this resort. Yes, the room was a little small but I knew that before I booked my stay. The whole resort from outside to inside is so well cared for, the grounds and pool area I thought was very, very nice. Rules, yes they have rules just like any other place you stay but they are fair. All they ask is "watch your kids" some people need to be told to watch there kids!!
I loved this place, I found it cheerful, clean, and comfy. I love being about to park right outside my room and not far away. When we stayed we took the shuttle into the village which was great, we could have a few drinks with dinner without the worry of driving.I will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Yes the grounds are well maintained,but this place is terrible . The owners who are on sight are completly obsessed with rules.Many of which dont make any sense at all two parents must be with all kids under 17 at the pool. the rooms and the office have a tremdous musty odor and the rooms are incredibaly small.In addition the owner rides around on his golf cart with a poor attitude looking for fights with his guests.Don,t believe me, read other reviews. When i asked him what is a must see or do up hear he told me nothing is good up hear. I can not stress it enough Do Not STAY HERE.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family