The Inn at Erlowest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sun Castle Resort(Lake George)
View Hotel
The Lodges at Cresthaven(Lake George)
View Hotel
Green Haven Resort(Lake George)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Boulders Resort(Lake George)
View Hotel
Tea Island Resort(Lake George)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor fireplacemontcalm suitecheese platterchef adambeautiful castleperson jacuzziromantic getawayview of lake georgewedding venuejetted tublovely roomthoroughly enjoyed our staythe entire staffsitting areacommon areasparking spotthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn at Erlowest and we both came away very impressed. The decor was both elegant and welcoming, and our room, which included a lovely view of the lake, was amazing. We were welcomed to our room upon arrival by champagne and a plate of cheese, crackers and fruit. After turn-down, we were greeted by a plate of delicious petit fours. We both loved the bathroom and the jacuzzi was great. The meals were wonderful, and the chef deserves commendation for his efforts. The only negative was the less-than-ideal weather, which meant less opportunity to sit on the patio in the evening by the fire and watch the sun set over the lake.

Perhaps the best part of the experience, however, was the staff; everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Lisa, Joanne, Justin, Paige, and everyone else whose names we cannot remember. We do not get to go away very often (or for very long), but you helped make our little trip memorable. We would definitely recommend this establishment to other couples, and if we are fortunate enough to get back to Lake George, we know where we will stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank D, General Manager at The Inn at Erlowest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2015

As the new General Manager at The Inn at Erlowest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in June 2014. We are very happy that you enjoyed the property (sorry about the weather), but most importantly, your comments regarding the staff are most important to us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service at every point along your stay!

We hope that the next time you plan to travel, you will remember Erlowest. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I've never stayed at the Inn at Erlowest, but I've attended two weddings there. It is a truly beautiful place that in many ways transports you to a different time. The main ballroom is lovely, with large doors looking out over Lake George. There is also a charming little bar that reminds me of a library. I think the best part is the enormous terrace overlooking the lawn and lake. With a massive stone fireplace, it's a beautiful place to celebrate, relax, and enjoy a glass of wine.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the kind words about The Inn at Erlowest! The Inn offers features based on the historical structure of the 1898 mansion. Whether the bar as a former library to the Wood Room as a "home office" space, the layout of Erlowest is unique! Making it more special is Lake George! Wonderful views from the balconies and patios of the lake make Erlowest a wonderful place to stay and relax! Our ball room and grounds providing exceptional options for weddings and other events!

Thank you for visiting The Inn at Erlowest. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I married the man of my dreams at the location of my dreams on May 31, 2014. The castle is an elegant and peaceful location for any special event. The food and decor were perfect. Every detail was handled expertly by the staff, especially Alexis Wallace and Laurie Jones. I truly felt like a princess and was treated like one. The moment I began planning my wedding with Alexis I knew that my wedding would be perfect. From the ceremony until the last guest left,I had the staff by my side. I will go back again and again and recommend this wonderful location and staff to help you bring your dream wedding to fruition!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank monica p

We are very happy that you found the place of your dreams for your wedding and that we could be a part of it. As the new general manager of Erlowest, I would like to invite you back in 2015 to see old friends and to enjoy the Inn once again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was very nice, more than I expected, the view was amazing, being on the lake was great, morning coffee and a view no better way to start the day. The staff was great and very friendly, any thing you need they are there to help, breakfast was amazing very good, can't wait to go back sometime. You can sit on the balcony and watch the steamboats go by, great sunsets.

Room Tip: They have 10 suitesI think and they all are named we stayed in the how's suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review from June 2014 regarding your stay at Erlowest. We can't agree more with you that the combination of 10 unique rooms in a 1898 mansion on Lake George is a relaxing setting. We continue to improve our service and with Chef Chris Bonnivier, we have changed our dinner menu options and pricing!

We hope to see you again in 2015 to enjoy the splendor that makes Erlowest and Lake George so relaxing!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Inn in early June. The staff was wonderful, the room was beautiful, the views and ambiance were great. Breakfast was very nice - relatively full menu to order from with service. I particularly enjoyed having access to the kayaks - went out three times in the two days and thought it was great. Jeremy the bartender in the quaint small bar was very entertaining and a really nice guy. Lisa also stood out with her friendly advice. We were celebrating our 35th anniversary and could not have found a more beautiful place to visit. I can't understand some of the negative reviews as this is a first class inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with The Inn at Erlowest from June 2014. As the new General Manager at Erlowest, we strive to deliver exceptional service everyday. We hope that you will be back soon!