“Excellent family holiday”

and 1 more site!
“Excellent family holiday”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We returned to dunhams bay for the second time, once again the staff did an excellent job looking after all our needs to make an excellent family vacation, the porch cabins are spacious , and the 2nd bathroom a great bonus for our young family, the pool and hot tub once again being a favourite. If we could ask for anything for next year, maybe an update on the child's playground. We hope to return next year 2014.

• Stayed July 2013
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Jplamos,
Thanks again for choosing our resort to host your family's return to the Lake George area. We always love seeing familiar faces. This means were are doing our job extra well. Not only making it a comfortable vacation for all, but one you look forward to returning to.

lake George, NY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oswego, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is an amazing venue for a wedding! From start to finish we were exceptionally impressed!
We had a "weekend wedding". I cannot say enough and give a high enough rating to the staff who took care of us for the wedding! Lynn, the wedding planner was excellent! Whatever need any of us had, she or one of her staff were there to fill it! During the reception I only needed to say something to one of the staff members and my need was met, including going to our cabin to retrieve an important item I had forgotten for the wedding welcome. As parents of the bride we are very pleased with our wedding experience. The guests were invited to arrive Friday night and share in the festivities. After the rehearsal we had pizza & wings and a cash bar, the food was wonderful and the (almost) bride & groom chose many different kinds of pizza that just kept coming out of the kitchen! The wedding was late Saturday so many of the guests did things on their own during the day. We stayed around the resort and were very comfortable just sitting out in the lawn, playing games and enjoying the peacefulness.
Lynn, the wedding planner, definitely keeps the bride & groom happy, and that is her main focus. Even though she also had other responsibilities for the weekend she was visible and continuously checking on the bride & groom and the families. She has a wonderful, well oiled group of staff members for wedding work. Everyone of them was pleasant. The reception room was decorated to perfection. Our daughter and son-in-law had designed their own centerpieces with 6 different pieces to them and had given Lynn pictures of how they were supposed to look. When we arrived in the reception hall... they were arranged just as we wanted them.
We stayed in a porch cabin which was ample room for 4. They say you can sleep 6 but it would be crowded. The rooms need a little TLC but they are clean. The housekeeping staff was excellent. We had a couple issues and the maintenance crew were there within an hour of contacting them. The beds were very comfortable but the pillows were not.
They also have a large fire pit in the middle of the cabins that they lit both nights for us and left plenty of wood for the fire.

Dear Deborah H,
Thanks for the very detailed review. Lynn and her team are the best in the business. With an average of 40 weddings a year we keep very busy and are so glad that when we are finished the memories are all grand ones.

Pleasant Valley, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Thank you, Dunham Bay, for providing such a beautiful weekend to celebrate my friend's wedding. Everything from the grounds to the restaurant to the friendly staff — everything was wonderful. I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the one-bedroom queen bed hotel option (mostly because of the affordable cost), and we...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words. We have shared your review with the staff.

Lake George, NY
West Sand L
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband stayed at Dunham's Bay Resort. It had beautiful views. The room was a very reasonable size, we stayed in a room with a single king bed. The staff was very kind and helpful. The hotel offered a shuttle to drive you to the village and it was nice to return to the quieter side to stay. We would definitely recommend it and return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear NennJ,
Thank you for your review and sharing your vacation time with us here at Dunham's Bay Resort. Thanks also for taking advantage of our free shuttle. Its a great perk for our guests who choose to take a break from driving and hunting for parking spots. Thanks again for the visit and hope you join us again real soon.

Ballston Spa, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I would recommend this resort highly to anyone. I was there last week for my brothers wedding which was held right at the resort. Upon our arrival we were greeted with warm smiles and hello's from the front desk staff. Check in was easy. Our first impression was the staff informed us they would be walking us to our room. Once we arrived they asked us to look around and see if we needed anything. (we stayed in a cabin) We all were pleasantly impressed.
A few hours later we walked out to start pictures for the wedding, the staff was working very hard putting finishing touches on everything. Lynn and the staff all acknowledged us by name making sure everything was ok.
The wedding itself was beautiful and ran without a flaw. I cannot believe how relaxed my brother and his wife were during the whole event. When I made a comment they replied they had nothing to worry about because Lynn and the staff had everything under control. As I looked around, never once did I see Lynn and the staff just standing around, they were either attending to the bride and groom or the guests.
The next morning we had brunch at the hotel and the service still continued in the same manner as the day before. The bunch was very good as well as the food from the wedding.
At check out they asked us again how everything was and we made sure to let them know we would be returning.
You do not find service, friendly helpful staff anymore. My husband and I will be making a return trip to the resort.

Dear Cece,
How nice it is to hear of your stay with us. The wedding was fabulous. Lynn and the team here work very hard at making it all seem so easy. Thank you for sharing your brunch experience also. We are proud of our Brunch on The Bay. Thanks again for your kind words.

Troy, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you are looking for a true adirondack experience, Dunham's Bay Resort has it all! The resort is always clean and provides a tranquil setting. We have experienced very accommodating staff, the perfect location with beautiful views and sunsets, and delicious dining. We have stayed at the resort for 20+ years and look forward to many more! Thank you Matthew and Lynn!
Dean and Kristen

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words. This season has been a busy one and we thank all our guests new and old for sharing their vacation with us here at Dunham's Bay Resort. Hope to see you soon and thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

East Hampton, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just got back from a weekend at Lake George with 5 of my girlfriends. Fortunately, we didn't spend very much time in the cabin getting to know our spider roommates. Here are my issues with this place:
- Deadbolt on door did not work.
- One of the smoke detectors was hanging by the wires.
- The carpet absolutely stank. Reminded me of cat pee.
- The cabin is for a max of 6 people; why don't they have enough dishes for 6? Really?? Had to go out to my car in the morning to get a dirty McDonald's cup and wash it.
- They don't provide filters for the coffee maker. Asked the chambermaid for some and she looked at me like I was crazy. Used paper towels.
- The towel bar in one of the 2 bathrooms had fallen off (prior to our arrival) and no one bothered to put it back up. But it was nicely placed on the shelves. Perhaps we were supposed to put it up ourselves.
- The sleep sofa is a full size, so unless you are a couple or very good friends, don't expect to sleep comfortably. The mattress and frame sagged so badly that at one point in the night my friend and I were spooning!
- And lets not forget our friend the spider in the bathroom. And the mold on the bathtub tiles.
I wish I could say something nice, but I can't. I don't know where the people stayed that gave this place 4 or 5 stars, but I bet it wasn't in the cabins. Anthony Melchiorri from Hotel Impossible would have a field day in this place. Granted, we "only" paid $300/night, but even at that price, I expect to be able to feel safe from fungus, fire, falling towel bars, and spiders inside my room.

Room Tip: For the love of ...don't stay in the cabins. Go camping instead.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zinfan-Dels1986
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
We are so sorry to have dropped the ball on what should have been a memorable weekend away with friends. Please let me say that if you would have shared any of your concerns with anyone we would have taken steps to change the course of your visit. We do pride ourselves on cleanliness, guest supplies and addressing repairs as they come up. Most all of, any of these issues would have been corrected by a call to the front desk. We are proud to say we have one of the most responsive Management / Front Desk Teams in all of Lake George. We would have and will move mountains to make sure a guest stay is enjoyable. No matter what a room costs we know there is a value to that persons dollar and we want them to have the vacation experience they expect and deserve. Again we apologize sincerely for falling short of your expectations.

Lake George, NY