“July 4th Trip to remember at Dunham's Bay Resort”

and 1 more site!
Dunham's Bay Resort
Halfmoon
“July 4th Trip to remember at Dunham's Bay Resort”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

After several long months without a vacation we decided to spend the weekend at Dunham's Bay Resort. We really need to relax and rest to renew our spirits and the Resort was a wonderful choice. The double queen bed room was very spacious and very clean. We liked the set up of the room and the chocolates on the pillow cases were a great start to our weekend. Our daughter loved the hot tub and the large pool area, we are able to relax at one of the tables while our daughter had a great time. It was a pleasant experience to see the basketball and tennis courts available when you never see that type of choices available for resort guests. We even got to play ping pong as a family, I remember playing ping png with my grandparents when I was little, that made our trip seem extra special. We also had breakfast, lunch and dinner there, the food quality was great and the staff was very nice to us. We even had a brunch on Sunday that was the best we ever had, such wonderful choices. They had a common area out front of the resort where we had a wonderful dinner at dusk, that was very nice. My daughter was very sad that we had to leave and go home on Sunday. Our vist was very nice and we can't wait to come back for another long weekend. Dunham's Bay Resort gets top billing from the Parker family, it provided everything we hoped and turned our 4th of July weekend into something special. A big thank you is in order to the staff and the owners of Dunham's Bay Resort, keep up the good work!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ParkerFamilyHalfmoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NJ
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We had a family/friend reunion event at Dunham's Bay this past February and was simply amazing. The food, rooms, staff, amenities, view, fireplaces, bonfire, indoor pool.....where do we stop...it was all top notch. Most of all, Mark (Gen. Manager) worked with us and was there every step of the way! He even got a great DJ to host our party which was the higlight of our weekend for sure! There is no other place around where they let you do whatever makes you happy and the fun just kept coming all weekend long.

Thanks to Mark and his staff for making our weekend so much fun, we're gonig to start planing next year NOW so we can have the date we want....and make sure that same DJ comes back.....! Can't wait for another great winter bonfire next year!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 February 2009

My family spent a long weekend in January at Dunhams Bay for a ski vacation at Gore Mtn.

The staff at the resort were very accomodating to all of our needs, beyond expectations. Mark, Lynn and the rest of the staff made us feel at home.

Package price included breakfast and dinners and the menu selections and quality were more than we anticipated. Considering meals were included, the package was very attractive when compared to other local hotel offerings.

The accomodations are rustic and fit well with the surroundings. Much of the resort has been tastefully remodeled recently.

We hope to be back soon.

• Liked — attitude of the staff
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
South Jersey NJ
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Mark and Lynn our hosts did everything they could to help us plan our son and daughter-in-laws wedding, on New Years Eve. Even though they planned to have a big New Years Eve celebration at the resort, they worked around it to comply with every request we had. They made the check-in process simple and easy, even though some of the guests made it minutes before the ceremony. The accomodations were great, the food from Master Chef Mark was absolutly sumptious. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone who is traveling to Lake George, spring summer winter or fall.

• Liked — Friendlyness of staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We booked the Ski and Stay package through Dunham's Bay and Gore Mountain. It included lodging, lift tickets,breakfast and dinner. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom cabins. It was a great location and the food(a full breakfast and 4 course dinner) was excellent! Lynn and Mark (the general managers) provided unbelievable service - anything we wanted or needed, we got. The rooms were great too! There was a living room(with a flat screen tv), a kitchen with a full size fridge(great for storing the leftover food from dinner!), and 2 bedrooms with an attached full bath in each. We had a fantastic experience and would go back again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
lake george New york
Reviewed 11 December 2008

We started looking at Venues for our wedding in January and wanted something on Lake George, well prices were out of our budget, until a friend suggested Dunhams Bay. We called and Spoke with Mark and booked in two weeks! Mark and his staff could not have been more accomidaiting, friendly and helpful. They not only gave us everything we want and more, they helped organize and relieve our stress! The resort was decorated for christmas and was beautiful! The staff did a wonderful job of decorating our tables and setting up just how I pictured everything. Lynn did a wonderful job, especially in keeping things how me and my fiance wanted them to be. We were given the option of the VIP room or a cabin. We choose the VIP room and were "WOWed". We were offered the room for the weekend. Everyone complimented how wonderul the food was and how everyone was attended too. They truely went above and beyond and I would reccomened this location to everyone. The views of the lake are amazing and we will return in the future for other events!

• Liked — Staff!
  • Disliked — Some areas need to be remoldeled
  • Stayed December 2008
1 Thank mickeyandminnie08
gremer76
Reviewed 26 November 2008

If you read this, you have to give Mark a moment of your time if you are planning a wedding and looking for a venue to have it. I had my wedding on 10-18-2008. At first when looking for a venue that fit our budget, the places I liked where out of our price range. After looking at several venues, my now wife contacted and set a date to meet with Mark the general manager. It never even went through my mind to even think about Dunhams Bay Lodge. I live local to where dunhams bay is, and had been there years ago. Let me tell you. What ever you knew, or what you thought you knew about the resort, you can throw that out. When I walked in to check it out, my jaw dropped, It has been remodeled from top to bottom. What hooked me is how accomadating Mark was willing to be. There was no particular start time to the wedding or end time. He basically said to me "Greg its your wedding, we can do whatever you want to do". He kept the indoor pool & jacuzzi open all night, we had a bonfire out back. And get this, I asked if I could have a guitarist out by the fire, and he said "what ever you want". The fire at night was one of the most memorable times of our wedding. My guests were so impressed by this. I kept hearing from them that this was one of, if not the best wedding they had ever been to. The bars stayed open till we were done. The best part is that most of my guests stayed at the resort overnight and didn't have to drive. The rooms had flat screen tv's new carpet, and were CLEAN. I also had my rehersal dinner there, after looking at numerous places to hold it at. I discussed it with Mark and after he give us such a good deal, it was a no brainer. The food was excellent! Mark is not only the General manager but also the head chef. If you are having your wedding there you need to try the Porch suite chicken (excellent)! Also I need to give compliments to Bo (the bar tender) thanks for taking care of me. Mark and Bo were so personable they were the last ones awake with me by the bonfire reflecting on the nights events. I could write a book on this place, but like I said, forget what you might heard about the resort years ago. This place CANNOT be beat!!!! Remodeled and under new owners that care. Oh yeah, the price couldn't be touched by any other 5 star venue. This place is 5 STARS. Thanks Mark, Bo, and everybody for a memorable weekend!!!!

• Liked — They treat it like a bed&breakfast (very accommodating)
  • Disliked — It went to fast
  • Stayed October 2008