“An unbelievable wedding experience!”

and 1 more site!
Dunham's Bay Resort
Queensbury, NY
“An unbelievable wedding experience!”
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to assist my sister in the planning and execution of her wedding this past weekend at Dunham's Bay. Amid all of the stress of wedding planning, Mark and Lynn (our gracious hosts) made themselves completely accessible, thereby minimizing the stress my sister and her new husband had to experience. They are clearly well versed in managing the grandest and most minute details of every step of the wedding process. From the check in phone calls and room visits to make sure my sister was feeling at ease, to taking care of veils and other meaningful items throughout the reception, Mark and Lynn knew exactly how to take the stress out of every responsibility that bridal parties typically have at other wedding venues.

The caring attention and ease with which we were able to work with our hosts, combined with the delectable food and great value, made this an absolutely phenomenal place to have a wedding. I would highly recommend Dunham's Bay to anyone looking for a beautiful setting that takes as much of the stress out of the wedding process as possible.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2009

On October 10, 2009 my daughter's wedding was held at the Dunhams Bay Resort. I have nothing but fantastic things to say about the lodge and its staff. From the first day we met with Mark and Lynn, they were helpful and careing about every aspect of the occasion. They took us through every step of the entire event, explaining every option and showing us the entire resort. They invited my daughter and son-in-law to a sit down and let them sample and pick out the menu. Every detail was meticulously handled by them to take the burden off our shoulders, and make the event a very enjoyable time for everyone. The food was fantastic and the staff was professional and a delight to be around. I cannot say enough to thank Dunham's Bay for the memories we will have and the fantastic time we had. Thank you and we will be back!
Steve & Sandy Sweet

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My wife and I been a residents of the Lake George area for most of our lifes. We have attended many weddings in the Capital region. We shopped around and when we meet with Mark, executive chef and manager of the resort he put all of our concerns to rest.
The resort has all of the bases covered. We had many out of town guest coming. They had the accomadations to handle all of us. The food was excellent. We went with a buffet and our guests all praised how delicious their meal was. The staff and service were excellent. The resort used there 14 passenger van to shuttle our family and guests to and from different events. They picked up the wedding party from my home brought us to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at the resort. They shuttled the girls to Glens Falls for a fun day and hair/nail appointments. We wanted a fun and hassle free wedding experience, Dunham's Bay delivered.

• Stayed September 2008
Fayetteville, PA
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I stayed at Dunham's Bay Resort this past weekend for a wedding that we were attending there. The wedding was the second best we have ever been to (ours, of course, was the best). The ceremony was beautiful with a scenic view of the lake behind the bride and groom and the reception was awesome! Everyone had a great time and the staff seemed like they did an amazing job keeping things running. The greatest part was that we could walk right back to our room!

I believe that the restaurant in the hotel was used for the reception. It was shaped a little oddly in that some tables did not have a view of the bride/groom as they were entering and for speeches, etc, but the sound system completely made up for that as you could still hear every word. If planning a wedding, I would definintely recommend this place, just based on how things were run and how much fun everyone had (I did not do any planning or pricing, so I am not familiar with that aspect)

As for the room, we rented a cabin with another couple. The cabin was small, but it was expected. The room could have used a bit more seating, but it wasnt an issue as we had the chairs from the dining table. The cabin had two bedrooms. Both bedrooms were pretty much standard size, a little cramped if two people were in at one time trying to get around one another. Kitchen was small but well equipped. The water pressure was not that great, but managable. But honestly, we werent even in the room but to sleep so it was not a big deal at all!

The location of the resort is just awesome! There is an amazing view of the lake and mountains. It is right across the street from the beach. We didnt have time to go to the beach, but it looked fun! A short distance away is the downtown area. Tons of little shops/cafes/entertainment. There are many cruises that last from 1 to a couple hours that take you around the lake. Very good way to spend a morning!

The only time I had ever been to New York I had gone to the city. This was definitely a whole new experience. In fact, our next vacation, we want to come back and will probably stay at this resort again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
new jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Recently updated cabin was the cleanest cabin i have stayed in. The grounds and personnel were great. Kitchenette small all be it was capable of preparing simple meals. Bedrooms were a good size and comfortable with a bathroom and tv in each room. Wish a dvd player was in the cabin for the kids down time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Notquite
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Our one br cabin suite was less than spotless and smelled musty. Dust bunnies in br and spiders and webs in corner of bath room. We had to brush the dead leaves and cob webs from the front of the lake view picture window. Pool area appears to be used as storage for miscellaneous chairs etc. Hot tub area is dry and occupied by a garden trellis. Child's sand box...half covered and filled with mud. Chairs available for guests are stored in stacks under trees, had to move 4 broken chairs to find good ones which we had to clean before use. Paying attention to details could make all the difference. Office staff polite, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Halfmoon
Reviewed 29 July 2009

After several long months without a vacation we decided to spend the weekend at Dunham's Bay Resort. We really need to relax and rest to renew our spirits and the Resort was a wonderful choice. The double queen bed room was very spacious and very clean. We liked the set up of the room and the chocolates on the pillow cases were a great start to our weekend. Our daughter loved the hot tub and the large pool area, we are able to relax at one of the tables while our daughter had a great time. It was a pleasant experience to see the basketball and tennis courts available when you never see that type of choices available for resort guests. We even got to play ping pong as a family, I remember playing ping png with my grandparents when I was little, that made our trip seem extra special. We also had breakfast, lunch and dinner there, the food quality was great and the staff was very nice to us. We even had a brunch on Sunday that was the best we ever had, such wonderful choices. They had a common area out front of the resort where we had a wonderful dinner at dusk, that was very nice. My daughter was very sad that we had to leave and go home on Sunday. Our vist was very nice and we can't wait to come back for another long weekend. Dunham's Bay Resort gets top billing from the Parker family, it provided everything we hoped and turned our 4th of July weekend into something special. A big thank you is in order to the staff and the owners of Dunham's Bay Resort, keep up the good work!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family