“Stunning”

The Lodges at Cresthaven
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We just stayed at the Lodges for Christmas. What an amazing place! We stayed in unit 45 and every element was gorgeous, from the copper sinks to the stunning views to the jacuzzi to the comfortable beds with great linens. Love the decor and the steam shower, too. We have stayed in similar time share properties like the Stowe Mountain Lodge, and this unit was the nicest by far. The location is great, too---far enough from the village to feel quiet, but just a short drive to town.

Room Tip: Rooms 45-48 are furthest from the lake but have unbelievable views!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Anna E

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Units are modern and well maintained. Very picturesque with good view of Lake George. Staff are friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi. Indoor pool and Boathouse restaurant available at the resort.. Only minutes from all the local shopping and ameneties. Be sure to dine at Bistro Leroux. Best meal ever! Was our second time there, both times in off season and hope to return again sometime.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Over the Labor Day weekend my wife and I along with three children stayed here and what a weekend it was

The Cabin was perfect with a room that the kids could use and the Master Suite on the second level was nice size and afforded all the amenities of a five star hotel. There were two sinks, a jaccuzi tub and shower with dual shower heads. Definelty felt like royalty.

The kitchen was good size and the outside deck allowed for the morning coffee while viewing Lake George awaken to another day.

The Beach and Pool were very nice. My only complaint is that we had to go to the restaurant on site to ask for a server to come to the pool and serve us. On a holiday weekend that should have been automatic.

Was a little pricey for the average vacationer but would definetly come back and will absolutely reccomend to my friends and relatives.

P.S. Taking out the garbage and startingt the dishwasher is not a big deal!!

3  Thank Nortons67
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Great location with amazing view of the lake from our cabin porch and amazing view from the pool as well. Pool was nice and warm outside even though it was September. Small beach is nice and just a couple of min walk from the cabin. The interior looked great and was comfortable with everything you might need within reach. The decor is fitting with the environment and is not over done in a cheesy way. My only issue is that the second bedroom is way too small in comparison with the second full floor suite. We shared it with another couple who got to enjoy the spacious second floor and we were in a very small bunk bedroom near the entrance on the first floor. The other thing is that I found it strange that we had to take out our own garbage at the end of our stay and start the machine wash with the bath towels. It wasn't a big deal but for the price we paid for the four of us, I feel like it should be part of the service included just like in any other hotel. We really did enjoy our stay and would have loved to stay longer. We will definitely come back, great place to relax and enjoy a private getaway on the lake without many guests all around. Nice, quiet and beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EmilyNYC_5
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. Such beautiful rooms and scenery. I loved the deck and the pool. It was very relaxing and I am already on the rci web site looking to see when I can go back. The only negative thing I have to say it isn't ideal for people with mobility issues. I been there before so I sent an email asking that we don't get the rooms with the steep steps leading up to them. When we first arrived there were3 stone steps ( beautiful but the uneven surface and no handrails made it difficult to go up.). I was lucky enough to find a rear entrance without the steps. So everyday I would drop my mother off in the back. And drive around the front park my car in the assigned parking space. Lucky I am young and healthy enough to do this. They should also provide handicapped parking in the back. We managed and had a lovely vacation.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues call ahead
1  Thank Lcollrn
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Staying here for the second fall in a row. This year we're in one of the two bedroom cabins along the Lake vs the Adirondack Lodge we stayed in last year. The cabin is cozy, clean and though we don't have a direct view of the Lake because of trees it is still great with a stream running along the front porch and a peek of the lake. The downstairs bedroom has two twin beds, a bathroom off a hallway and washer/dryer. The kitchen is small but open to the living room and dining area overlooking the porch, which has a table with four chairs. Upstairs has a king bedroom with its own bathroom. Lastly, upstairs has a loft to its own porch. We Like both the Adirondack Lodge and this two bedroom cabin, though I believe the Lodge may have more space. Will definitely return for another season.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lex00756
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My family (husband, teen-age son, parents) spent the Labor Day weekend at the Lodges. While the lodge we stayed in and the facility overall were excellent, the cost per night ($600) coupled with some irksome policies, left me feeling somewhat ambivalent about the property.

On the plus side, the lodge itself was clean, spacious and comfortable. We stayed in number 34, which had gorgeous views of the lake. Check-in was fast and the front desk person was very nice. It was great to have the Boathouse Restaurant on the property and we enjoyed the pool.

On the negative side, I was very chagrined by the check-out policy: they want you out at 10:00, charge you $100 per hour if you go past 10:30. And this is my favorite: they ask you to take out your own trash and start a load of wash prior to checking out! Seriously, they do! I paid $600 per night to do laundry and take out the trash? I don't think so.

Also, there is no housekeeping service. I realize that properties that are a hybrid of resort and time share often have odd structures in terms of housekeeping. But again, guests pay a premium to stay at the Lodges; they need to at least come in to make your bed and leave you fresh towels.

Finally - and I note this because other reviews have pointed this out as well - while the pool is advertised as being heated to 85 degrees, that is not the case. It was freezing on Labor Day weekend. This is a small detail, but truth-in-advertising matters, folks.

There is a lot to love about the Lodges at Cresthaven. Unfortunately, there are a few policies that could be tweaked to better reflect guests' preferences.

17  Thank Lisa A