“Mohican Motel”
Review of Mohican Motel

Mohican Motel
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. It is family run and the service is terrific. We have stayed here 3 times at different times of the year. The corner Jacuzzi tub is great for relaxing those tired muscles after traveling.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in the Honeymoon suite. It is very nice and right next to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank merlinsmom1

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family of 5 stayed here for 6 nights in early August. After our drive from NJ my husband went in alone to register and get the key. Twenty minutes passed before I decided to go in and see what was taking him so long. When I walk in, I see that he's chillin' with the manager/co-owner guy(sorry but I can't recall his name), laughing and sipping coffee! He hooked my husband up with a cyclist (his bother) who could possibly take him out for some serious speed biking. My husband was so happy!
We went to our second floor room, which was a 2 bedroom unit. The bedrooms were separated by a closet, fridge, and bathroom. The kids had their own room with 2 double beds and our room had 1 double bed.
The bathroom was ok in size and I had no problems with the shower strength or temperature as some others have stated. The sink was extremely tiny though and our toilet had a small leak so housekeeping kept a towel neatly folded on the floor behind it. They changed it daily.
the room was very clean and served it's purpose. The price was decent by comparison, roughly $160/night. If you are looking for upscale accommodations then motels are not for you. Go to the Sagamore. The Mohican is clean and safe. The customer service is GREAT! Although the beds are just ok, we slept just fine. We will return!

2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had 3 couples interested in spending a weekend in Lake George during mid-August which is the height of the Saratoga racing season. We chose the Mohican for the accommodations and also because they are accommodating! My point is that some motels in Lake George will accept your 2 night reservation only to turn around and demand you stay 3 because "it is racing season"! Colonel Williams Resort comes to mind as one of those who like to "bait and switch"! Anyways, we found the Mohican to be very comfortable. It is convenient to the outlets, amusement parks, the Village and of course, Saratoga. I highly recommend this property when considering a stay in the Lake George area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for the first time this summer. I really wish we knew about this place earlier!!! We go to LG every year and I must say.....This was the best hotel we've stayed in. The rooms were very clean and the staff was great!! They were very accommodating with letting me change to a larger room for extra space with no problem. They had alot of on site activities for both children and adults. Would highly recommend!!!!!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was our first time staying here after visiting Lake George for many years. Wish we had stayed here sooner!! Everything was first rate, from the clean comfortable rooms, to the immaculate grounds, indoor & outdoor pools, and tons of activities for all ages. The staff was extremely pleasant. We will definitely be staying here again! -Maria Carfora

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I actually didn't stay but my family paid for my brother and his wife to stay the fourth of July weekend to celebrate his 50 th birthday. They had a great time. The motel was spotless and the " honeymoon suite" was the coolest ever. My brother didn't want to leave. I got a great rate even though it was last minute and on a holiday weekend. This motel is close to everything, between the outlets, great escape and LGVillage.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here with family. From check in to check out everything was great. The entire property inside and out were spotless. All the staff were extremely pleasant. My granddaughter fell in love with two of the girls working there. They even brought her treats when they came to work! We had an end unit and were very happy with it. The price was extremely affordable. We have stayed at five other places in this area, never very satisfied, but this time was different. In general we have found the Lake George business people to be not so friendly, at this motel they showed us that the people can be friendly and gracious. Thank you all for a wonderful few days. We will certainly be back!