Admiral Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lido Motel(Lake George)
View Hotel
Heritage of Lake George Motel(Lake George)
  • Pool
Sundowner Motel(Lake George)
Motel Montreal(Lake George)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancegreat locationsky lightadded a nice touchfront porchfriendly owners and staffclean friendlyshort walkquiet at nightspacious roomtype of placewonderful stayking size bedprice chopperclose to downtownstay there againparking spot
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Our 33rd annual trip to LG and have always stayed at 1 of 2 motels depending on vacancy. Last year, it was about budget over vacancy (see my other review on last year's lodging) . What a mistake!!! The staff at the Admiral reminded me this year that you can skimp on meals , attractions , etc but NOT on lodging!!! The rooms are spotless, pool is perfect, and staff is friendly and helpful. The only complaint ( but not really) was the parking situation upon returning late on a Sat night . This is to be expected I guess during the height of vacation season in LG lol. Will def be back from now on!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Historynut1972
moteladmiral, Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for your input on our establishment. We truly appreciate it. As for the parking, we are sorry but sometimes when people bring extra cars and don't register them it is difficult to monitor into the evening. I'm so glad you'll be back! Thanks again. Sue & Janine

Reviewed 13 July 2014

A small group of us stayed here for a couple of days during a large function in town. We booked purely on the recommendations of other people here on Trip Advisor. Plus the photos looked promising too.

We were not disappointed. The Admiral is a cute older Motel that is charming in many ways. The grounds are shady and welcoming with flowers and is clean and neatly groomed. The pool is inviting and there is a small sitting area above the pool area where you can get coffee in the morning. The rooms were all meticulously clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is within walking distance of the lake, plenty of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ATourist2day
moteladmiral, Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your opinion of our motel. Every bit helps. Please come see us again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable place within walking distance to everything downtown Lake George, this is the place. Exceptionally friendly owners and staff, small, quaint, very clean. While it may not be a big chain hotel, this is where you want to be and support the small businesses in the area. I and friends were attending a vintage car show and it was nice to be able to park our classics by the rooms and walk to restaurants, waterfront and town. I'm in the hotel business myself and choose where I stay carefully. I highly recommend The Admiral Motel. Sue will take good care of you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Neil F

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please don't hesitate to call us if your coming to Lake George again. We truly appreciate your response.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Admiral Motel from 7/8/14-7/12/14. We came to Lake George from Ohio for a family vacation. I chose this motel because of the price, the Trip Advisor reviews, and the pictures. I wanted a basic hotel/motel room that was comfortable and clean. We stayed in room 21, which, according to the person who took my reservation (I think it was Janine), was a little larger than the standard rooms because it was on the second floor. The room was a good size and it had a cathedral ceiling with a skylight. We had a small refrigerator in our room, which we used. The beds were a little firm for my taste, but comfortable, with a pretty blue matelasse coverlet. We were on the end, so we only had one neighbor, and didn't have to worry about anyone walking by our room at night. It was very quiet. The room was also very clean. The pool was very clean and set at 85 degrees. It was a tiny bit chilly at first, but I was able to walk right in. The pool area was clean, as well. I felt like we were swimming in their yard because it was nice and homey. The location of the hotel is nearly perfect. I say nearly, only because it is across the street from the lake, not directly on it. Other than that, it is a short walk (5-10 minutes) to get to dozens of shops and restaurants, beaches, parasailing, and steam boats. If you are looking for a clean, well-kept place to sleep, with a nice pool, home-like atmosphere, and kind staff, the Admiral Motel will not disappoint.
Cons: not on the lake, no in-room coffee pot, no breakfast included
Pros: close to everything, quaint setting, clean, quiet, variety of room types, rooms have been recently updated and decorated, great pool, coffee in the morning on the front porch by the pool.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank joshmom03
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Comfortable,clean, quaint and the flowers are all around and beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The pool is clean and inviting. All within walking distance of the town. We have been going to the Admiral Motel for 10 yrs and we will return next year.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has sky lights
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kafreck
moteladmiral, Manager at Admiral Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We truly work hard and like when people notice. Hope to see you again soon!