“Unfortunately, won't stay there again!”
Review of Admiral Motel

Admiral Motel
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
New York State
“Unfortunately, won't stay there again!”
Reviewed 25 July 2007

The second night they "forgot" to clean the room and also we had no safe place to park our one vehicle. They admitted it was their fault about not cleaning the room, but said that they advise everyone that there is only one car allowed per room. They indicated that some rooms must have more than one car! This did not help us as we had only one car! When we came back just before checking out, they were in there cleaning the room so we asked them to leave so we could use the bathroom before our long trip home. LOVED the Band Festival and Lake George -- just will NOT stay there again!

• Liked — It is in Lake George
  • Disliked — No place to park and room not cleaned!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank clarinet-1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lagrange, NY
Reviewed 30 May 2006

We just got back from a long Memorial Day weekend at Lake George with the family, which consists of myself, my wife and two young daughters. This was actually our first time in many, many trips to the region that we've stayed in the actual village of Lake George. It's a mistake we're not ever going to repeat. But first the hotel review:

The Admiral is at the north end of the village, just a little down from where 9N splits off from 9. It's a very nice hotel and the proprietor is a very friendly lady that keeps the place spic and span. She runs a "family first" kind of hotel, and I actually heard her on the phone yesterday screening the caller to see who she'd be booking the rooms for, asking for ages and explaining that she's not into reserving rooms for college kids and partiers. My guess is that she's had problems with it before and would rather just keep the room empty than endure the inevitable problems. There were nice rooms with plenty of space and refrigerators to keep things cold in. There are skylights on the rooms on the second floor, which is a nice touch. The only complaint I have, although it's much more of a nitpick, was that the A/C in our room wasn't able to keep it quite as cool as we'd have liked, but we still weren't that uncomfortable. So for anyone interested in staying in the town of Lake George itself, definitely consider this establishment.

Which brings me to my review of Lake George village itself. I should state that this comes from a family-oriented perspective. This town, in the evening (at least this past weekend), is no place for a family. We actually felt unsafe at times, given the caliber of some of the people congregating all over the place. There was an incident while I was off buying an ice cream where a kid was cursing and yelling right in front of my wife and girls in an apparent attempt at proving how cool he was. This was something that wouldn't have occured had I been standing right there. However, you'd have thought the police officer that was standing right there would maybe tell the idiot to cut it out. He shrugged instead. Someone almost ran me over as I headed into the Price Chopper a block in off the strip and decided it was funny instead. When I thought that she might've hit one of my girls she continued to laugh about it and called us names instead. The two cops standing next to the entrance to the place that saw all this? They did nothing. By this time that was basically what I was expecting from them, but one can always hope.

If you're planning on relaxing by the pool or being able to read outside your room in anything resembling peace and quiet, you can forget that as well. The sheer number of knuckleheads gunning their engines, popping wheelies on their bikes, peeling out and racing each other out in front of the hotel on Route 9 is not countable. And can someone maybe tell some of the store owners that some of the t-shirts they have on display for sale are absolutely not appropriate for viewing by kids my daughters' ages? I'd tell you what they said, or even imply it, but I'd really like this review to get posted. You'd think you were in Daytona on spring break the way this place is now, though. By the time this morning came, I couldn't wait to check out. And not come back. I really do feel for the better business owners in the area, though. They have to be cringing at what's going on. I spoke to more than one family there and they felt very much the way I do, and aren't planning on any return trips. It's a shame what's happening to such a beautiful area, although this certainly won't preclude us from going to the many other better choices in Adirondack Park and even up Lake George from the village.

9 Thank moconnor