“Loved Every Minute”

Ranked #19 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
New York City, New York
“Loved Every Minute”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was really happy I chose Studio Motel for my stay at Lake George last year. It was just what I needed to relax. Everyone was really friendly from the moment I checked in. I loved the beautiful view of the woods from my room balcony. The atmosphere was peaceful yet lively as there was always someone having fun in the playground out in the back or grilling.

The price was very reasonable and my room was very comfortable and clean. Would recommend to everyone! Beautifully landscaped and a great price for all the services that are available; wi-fi, heated pool, grills...

Excellent place to stay for singles and families.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ansonia, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Ok so we stayed here 3 years ago & loved it. So we decided to go back this year August 2013 which we told the owner we stayed there before & we received a little discount. (which was very kind of him) He is a very nice person.

We stayed in the back in the effiecencies to save money on meals, plus we dont mind cooking.
We checked the room before we paid seemed fine. No bedbugs, shower curtain was moldy (which we asked for a new one & received) . (I had brought our own cleaning supplies since we had the effiecency -thank godness. Bathroom smelled like urine & bathtub was filthy(i really didnt notice when we checked the shower curtain) Took me an hour to clean bathroom, kitchen area, inside of refrigerator.Needless to say after i cleaned it was better (bathroom still smelled like urine though) but the point is I shouldn't of have to. I was so disappointed.

What I noticed is that the boy who cleaned our room only took the garbage out & made the beds & put in toilet paper & vacum. He never once never cleaned the inside of the toilet because there was a stain in it from day 1 & we stayed there for 5 night. (this was my test to see if he did clean it)

Things that I love about this hotel is having the room in the back facing the woods & play area close for our little one. Private as well in the back, its quiet & everyone there is super nice. We loved the pool & went in it everyday - super clean. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful well maintained & super clean. Love the fact its off of the main Rt9 & in the mountain area & still only 2 minutes from everything.

My boyfriend says he wants to stay here again next year & that its okay we have to clean it first. He likes the Studio Motel (which i do too, but needs to get better quality help to make sure rooms are squeeky clean) I told him I think this would be the last time I stay here. Oh also beds are very uncomfortable!

1 Thank Cindy A
New York
Reviewed 31 August 2013

No hooks in bathroom to hang clothes

Towel rack too high

No place to put toiletries in bathroom

Rug was dirty. Three days there were peanuts on the floor

TV could use an upgrade, but since there is a big fridge I will let that one go

When you turn off light switch, the alarm clock turns off. Need to put clock at another outlet

Pillow case with stains highly unacceptable. When I went to change it, I was told that it probably is clean put I will change it for you.

This room was in the older section.

At check-in, I told the clerk I was not going to need the room with 2 beds could I move to a room with 1 bed. He said there were no rooms available. I was there for 4 nights, not once were there more than 10 cars in the lot, mind you there are at least 35 rooms. All the rooms that I could see from outside at least 10 were empty with the curtain open.
Bottom line he should have said he could move me for an additional price, I probably would have taken it.
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. There is no excuse for treating a customer like that. Would not recommend this hotel based on that.

Room Tip: You must get a room in the newer section.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the studio motel. The rooms are new and clean. The staff is friendly. The pool is crystal clear and warm. The location is very convenient to all the attractions. Overall the motel is an excellent value for your money

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank KeeksNYC
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Been to Lake George probably 40 times over the years. Decided to stay here based on reviews from others. The location is fabulous. The pool is extremely clean with salt water filtraiton, very nice and warm. At check in we were given room in old building (closest to road) as we reserved room with 2 double beds to accomodate our little one. Don't really like to have to pay entire amount in advance but ok... The room itsself was very clean, stand up shower only which is not the preference for the missus but ok. Bathroom very small. Refrig. was a nice touch so we could buy food to keep some vacation costs down. The grounds were emaculate with a play area. Housekeeping did a good job on the 1 day we allowed the room to be cleaned. There are 2 buildings near the rear of the property that seem to be much newer. We did notice that those 2 buildings are essentially 3 stories with the lowest level underground with only rear facing rooms. The beds in the old building were very uncomfortable and slightly canted toward head being lower, and the pillows were about as thick as three paper towels. Don't misunderstand, for the price we would definitely stay there again, and plan to, but would get a room in one of the newer buildings and would request a forward (pool) facing room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building, NOT on the lowest level.
1 Thank Dave C
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2013

As a regular visitor to Lake George(en route to Montreal) I usually avoid a summer trip. When I do pass through at the height of the season I like to stay in a reasonable place , off the beaten track. The Studio Motel of Lake George is very good. It is reasonable (book directly) and convenient to Georges restaurant and the East Cove Inn. two of my favorites. I stayed in the older section.The walls are thin and the facilities very basic. But for a night it was just fine. The newer section seems better and I would recommend it for longer stays.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This little place is affordable and nice, not brand new, not perfect, but very very nice place to stay...great rest and relax spot. volleyball net, playground, pool, grilling area, washer and dryer, quiet, nice park and beach near by

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family