“Best affordable and comfortable”

Studio Motel of Lake George
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
“Best affordable and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The best palce to live in the region
nice staff..
I will surely Go back again.
I enjoyed a lot.
Giod comfortable beds. And nice greenery. HEALTHY ENVOIRMENT.
Clenliness was perfect
And too good location
overall I loved it.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Studio Motel’s location was very convenient. The motel looked much nicer in actual than on the website photos. The front-desk person was very friendly, helpful and welcomed us with a big smile. The rooms were spacious, clean, nicely decorated and housekeeping did a fabulous job. Swimming pool was wonderful and super-clean. It was an excellent experience staying at Studio Motel for two nights. Best service you can have for the price you pay. I would definitely go back to Studio Motel in future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank umar w
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

4th of July 2013 was a memorable one. We were extremely happy with our stay at Studio Motel. The staff was excellent, very nice and warming. Made our stay even better The rooms were clean and spacious. I dealt directly with the owner who was very nice. He made sure that we were taken cared of. The atmosphere was peaceful yet lively as there was always someone having fun in the playground out in the back or grilling. It is also very close to the Village that we left the car parked and walked. The price was very reasonable for someone on a very tight budget. We have now made Studio Motel part of our Annual 4th of July family vacation. Cant wait for this 4th of July... Thank you Studio Motel for making us feel at home.....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My family and I came to lake George for vacation and stayed at this hotel. We had a wonderful stay and we're pleasantly surprised with the classiness of the motel in compassion to some of the other hotels we have stayed in the past. My family felt the location in relaxation to the lake was pretty close so me and my family were able to walk to the town. I overall had a great stay and will come with my family again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank johncathy126
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was really happy I chose Studio Motel for my stay at Lake George last year. It was just what I needed to relax. Everyone was really friendly from the moment I checked in. I loved the beautiful view of the woods from my room balcony. The atmosphere was peaceful yet lively as there was always someone having fun in the playground out in the back or grilling.

The price was very reasonable and my room was very comfortable and clean. Would recommend to everyone! Beautifully landscaped and a great price for all the services that are available; wi-fi, heated pool, grills...

Excellent place to stay for singles and families.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Ansonia, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Ok so we stayed here 3 years ago & loved it. So we decided to go back this year August 2013 which we told the owner we stayed there before & we received a little discount. (which was very kind of him) He is a very nice person.

We stayed in the back in the effiecencies to save money on meals, plus we dont mind cooking.
We checked the room before we paid seemed fine. No bedbugs, shower curtain was moldy (which we asked for a new one & received) . (I had brought our own cleaning supplies since we had the effiecency -thank godness. Bathroom smelled like urine & bathtub was filthy(i really didnt notice when we checked the shower curtain) Took me an hour to clean bathroom, kitchen area, inside of refrigerator.Needless to say after i cleaned it was better (bathroom still smelled like urine though) but the point is I shouldn't of have to. I was so disappointed.

What I noticed is that the boy who cleaned our room only took the garbage out & made the beds & put in toilet paper & vacum. He never once never cleaned the inside of the toilet because there was a stain in it from day 1 & we stayed there for 5 night. (this was my test to see if he did clean it)

Things that I love about this hotel is having the room in the back facing the woods & play area close for our little one. Private as well in the back, its quiet & everyone there is super nice. We loved the pool & went in it everyday - super clean. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful well maintained & super clean. Love the fact its off of the main Rt9 & in the mountain area & still only 2 minutes from everything.

My boyfriend says he wants to stay here again next year & that its okay we have to clean it first. He likes the Studio Motel (which i do too, but needs to get better quality help to make sure rooms are squeeky clean) I told him I think this would be the last time I stay here. Oh also beds are very uncomfortable!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy A
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

No hooks in bathroom to hang clothes

Towel rack too high

No place to put toiletries in bathroom

Rug was dirty. Three days there were peanuts on the floor

TV could use an upgrade, but since there is a big fridge I will let that one go

When you turn off light switch, the alarm clock turns off. Need to put clock at another outlet

Pillow case with stains highly unacceptable. When I went to change it, I was told that it probably is clean put I will change it for you.

This room was in the older section.

At check-in, I told the clerk I was not going to need the room with 2 beds could I move to a room with 1 bed. He said there were no rooms available. I was there for 4 nights, not once were there more than 10 cars in the lot, mind you there are at least 35 rooms. All the rooms that I could see from outside at least 10 were empty with the curtain open.
Bottom line he should have said he could move me for an additional price, I probably would have taken it.
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. There is no excuse for treating a customer like that. Would not recommend this hotel based on that.

Room Tip: You must get a room in the newer section.