“A great place to stay!!”

Studio Motel of Lake George
Ranked #20 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was the third year Stillwater Fire Dept stayed here. The owners are great. They make us feel like home. The rooms are nice. Great location. Close to the village of Lake George. We will be back for the next two years.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sfd759
There are newer reviews for Studio Motel of Lake George

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent Americade (motorcycle rally) week at the studio Motel and I was impressed. It is located on a quiet street but close to the beach and the trolly will take you to town if you want. The rooms in the older section are of good size with knotty pine walls and older furnishings but everything was very clean and in good repair. The bed was fairly comfortable and I was able to sleep well. I didn't have to use the AC as there was a nice cross breeze but it was there as well as a heater. The bath was small but again clean and well kept. There was plenty of hot water and good pressure for the shower. The room had a flat screen TV, coffee pot and mini fridge. There was an ice maker and microwave outside the office.

The rooms in back were newer and more modern but the one I had was good for my needs. There is a pool onsite but I was too busy to try it out, it did look clean though. The whole property was very clean and well kept. I am looking forward to going back here next year.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are newer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Yankee_Biker
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is where I stayed during Americade. Its close enough to all the attractions, far enough away for a quiet place to rest. The room was clean and the outside was picture perfect. I didn't have time to swim but pool looked great well maintained also. The rooms all had decks and chairs to sit on a really nice set up. I would recommend this to others. I will be back next year for Americade. The motel staff very friendly

Room Tip: I only stayed this year but could only guess all rooms were as good as ours. I thought the people th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ronald B
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pros: The room was inexpensive, very spacious, and had a fridge. The area was pleasant, as the motel was surrounded by vegetation.

Cons: The mattress was not very good – you could feel the springs from the box spring, the heater/air con was very noisy, and the lock on the door was not very secure (the same kind of lock you find on bathroom doors). The wifi didn't work very well in the evenings. I also found a few hairs in the bathroom when we first arrived.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far side of the newer building on the left side face the vegetation instead of the park...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gattara3
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the Studio Motel for Americade this year after finding it at the end of last year's Americade. It was exactly what I was looking for, and a much closer commute to the village than either Saratoga Springs (1/2 hour away) or Queensbury.

The Studio met all my needs and exceeded my expectations. Preferring a motel where my cycle can be parked right outside my door for easy loading in the morning and unloading after a day's ride, there seems to be fewer and fewer motels available in that configuration. Most are modelling after the center-hall hotels where one must lug their bags to a inside room, and a smoker must walk 1/4 mile to get outside and have a cigarette with the morning's coffee, whereas the Studio Motel has direct access to the outdoors from all rooms, and a covered seating area for relaxing -- rain or shine.

The owner is a fine gentleman and is looking forward to our return next year. I'll be happy - happy - happy to accommodate his wishes when he accommodates mine. I've already requested the same room... my son will probably come with his wife next year and we'll book TWO adjacent rooms.

We spent a good bit of time poolside on Saturday... a first for me during Americade week... but it was a great way to wind down after a busy, busy week. Everything wanted or needed was there!

I can't believe I didn't find this place years ago (I've been coming to A'cade since 1999) and think it's because the current guests keep it a secret. I can understand why! It's a treasure!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms in the new section are similar; the older section is a bit more rustic. A fri...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WCLamb
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This motel is kind of kitschy. It is reminiscent of the 1960's. It is clean and spacious. Each room has a balcony. It is a lovely wooded area but is just a few minutes from the town center. When we first arrived one of the bed sheets had a stain on it. The owner himself came to change it and was very apologetic. The bed seemed brand new and was very comfortable. This is not luxurious accommodations by any means, but has the charm that you don't find in chain motels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've attended Americade week for 10 consecutive years and the last 7, I've stayed @ Studio Motel. Naheem has welcomed us year after year. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the owner is accomodating making our stay totally enjoyable. The location makes the Studio Motel an ideal retreat from the busy, noisy downtown. Within a 10 minute walk you will find some of the best restaurant (George's), beach and shops in LG.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends