“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“Clean and quiet”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We used "tripadvisor" to help us decide where to stay. The Studio Motel of Lake George had good reviews and very low rates, so we stayed there. I must say, we were NOT disappointed. When you drive in, it is apparent this place is lovingly owned, for the exterior of the buildings and the grounds appeared impeccably maintained. David, the desk clerk, greeted us cheerfully and was more than willing to answer any questions we had. On the way to our room, we noticed the pool and surrounding patio looked exceptionally clean with sparkling clear water. The room itself was very clean, spacious, and well appointed. We found the beds to be comfortable, but on the soft side. We knew there were children in the room next to ours, because we saw them exit their room and run to the pool, yet we never heard a thing through the walls all night. No, this isn't one of those national chain motels - and we are thankful it isn't. We will definitely be back. Note; I offer a rating for room service because we didn't request any.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the national chains. Many of these privately owned motels put in that extra e...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was the third year Stillwater Fire Dept stayed here. The owners are great. They make us feel like home. The rooms are nice. Great location. Close to the village of Lake George. We will be back for the next two years.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sfd759
Augusta ME
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent Americade (motorcycle rally) week at the studio Motel and I was impressed. It is located on a quiet street but close to the beach and the trolly will take you to town if you want. The rooms in the older section are of good size with knotty pine walls and older furnishings but everything was very clean and in good repair. The bed was fairly comfortable and I was able to sleep well. I didn't have to use the AC as there was a nice cross breeze but it was there as well as a heater. The bath was small but again clean and well kept. There was plenty of hot water and good pressure for the shower. The room had a flat screen TV, coffee pot and mini fridge. There was an ice maker and microwave outside the office.

The rooms in back were newer and more modern but the one I had was good for my needs. There is a pool onsite but I was too busy to try it out, it did look clean though. The whole property was very clean and well kept. I am looking forward to going back here next year.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are newer.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Yankee_Biker
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is where I stayed during Americade. Its close enough to all the attractions, far enough away for a quiet place to rest. The room was clean and the outside was picture perfect. I didn't have time to swim but pool looked great well maintained also. The rooms all had decks and chairs to sit on a really nice set up. I would recommend this to others. I will be back next year for Americade. The motel staff very friendly

Room Tip: I only stayed this year but could only guess all rooms were as good as ours. I thought the people th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronald B
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pros: The room was inexpensive, very spacious, and had a fridge. The area was pleasant, as the motel was surrounded by vegetation.

Cons: The mattress was not very good – you could feel the springs from the box spring, the heater/air con was very noisy, and the lock on the door was not very secure (the same kind of lock you find on bathroom doors). The wifi didn't work very well in the evenings. I also found a few hairs in the bathroom when we first arrived.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far side of the newer building on the left side face the vegetation instead of the park...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gattara3
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the Studio Motel for Americade this year after finding it at the end of last year's Americade. It was exactly what I was looking for, and a much closer commute to the village than either Saratoga Springs (1/2 hour away) or Queensbury.

The Studio met all my needs and exceeded my expectations. Preferring a motel where my cycle can be parked right outside my door for easy loading in the morning and unloading after a day's ride, there seems to be fewer and fewer motels available in that configuration. Most are modelling after the center-hall hotels where one must lug their bags to a inside room, and a smoker must walk 1/4 mile to get outside and have a cigarette with the morning's coffee, whereas the Studio Motel has direct access to the outdoors from all rooms, and a covered seating area for relaxing -- rain or shine.

The owner is a fine gentleman and is looking forward to our return next year. I'll be happy - happy - happy to accommodate his wishes when he accommodates mine. I've already requested the same room... my son will probably come with his wife next year and we'll book TWO adjacent rooms.

We spent a good bit of time poolside on Saturday... a first for me during Americade week... but it was a great way to wind down after a busy, busy week. Everything wanted or needed was there!

I can't believe I didn't find this place years ago (I've been coming to A'cade since 1999) and think it's because the current guests keep it a secret. I can understand why! It's a treasure!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms in the new section are similar; the older section is a bit more rustic. A fri...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank WCLamb
NoHo Ma
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This motel is kind of kitschy. It is reminiscent of the 1960's. It is clean and spacious. Each room has a balcony. It is a lovely wooded area but is just a few minutes from the town center. When we first arrived one of the bed sheets had a stain on it. The owner himself came to change it and was very apologetic. The bed seemed brand new and was very comfortable. This is not luxurious accommodations by any means, but has the charm that you don't find in chain motels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple