“Great”

Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Saranac Lake, United States
“Great”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Everything was great. When we had a problem it was handled promptly in a polite manor. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was very helpful. The room was quiet and comfortable. We slept great and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel was clean and accomodating. We went as a large group (30) and the staff was very personable, helpful and funny! We had a large gathering in the dining area and brought our own foods and they were generous enough to suppy us with all the paper goods.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

North Carolina
Reviewed 5 March 2014

From check in to check out this hotel delivered, the staff were super friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. They were finishing up some upgrades to the lobby and bar/breakfast area, it looks really nice. I was in town for a funeral but will hope to return during the summer months, the location will be perfect for getting out on Lake George.

Room Tip: I was on the back side, nice view out into the trees and the snow. Apparently there is a snowmobile...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is our second stay this year. The hotel is always so clean, staff is very helpful, breakfast offers a very nice selection...coffee and tea available 24/7...love it! Not far from outlets oand only approximately 15 minutes from Adirondack sports dome

• Stayed March 2014
Linden, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Excellent customer service, modern furniture, super friendly staff, very clean, will accommodate all of your needs and the fireplace in main lobby is very cozy. Truly a great experience and will absolutely return in the near future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Montreal
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was going by car to New York city with my parents and we decided to drive half way and stay at a hotel along the way to break the trip in two. We looked at a couple of hotels and chose this Hampton Inn because of our personal experiences with the chain. I stayed at a couple, my parents also, and was always entirely satisfied with my stays. However this time, it was just okay. It was not an entire miss but it was not as good as my previous experiences.

PROS:
*Very comfortable bed
*Spacious room
*Breakfast in the morning and plenty of space to sit
*Great view of the mountains

CONS:
*I have seen cleaner hotels. It was not dirty but it was not spotless. I am used to seeing spotless in Hampton Inns so I was surprised about that. I give the bathroom only a passing grade
*Lack of supervision or security in the hotel. It was spring break and the hotel was filled with teenagers. I guess parents let them out late at night because under my parents' window, they were outside making plenty of noise at about 1 in the morning. The hotel should be more efficient at what is going on the grounds of the hotel. We were woken up many times during the night with doors slamming and people talking in the hallways.

Because we were there for only one night, it was adequate but I would not have liked to stay longer. Other Hampton Inns are way better than this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Evanston
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Don't ask housekeeping to clean your room..... this is what I was told at 3:30pm when my room wasn't made up. At 10:00am I asked the housekeepers that were in the hallway to please make up my room. At 3:00pm that afternoon it still hadn't been cleaned. The housekeeping manager (Crystal) told me I have 30 min or the room wouldn't be cleaned. I explained that I had asked first thing in the morning to have my room cleaned and she respond "well you should have asked at the front desk". I explained that I have 4 people (My family) all getting ready for my daughters Sweet 16 party and that we would be out at 3:45-4:00pm. Crystal said "well your room wont be cleaned then." At 3:45 I stopped at the front desk where Crystal was and told her my room could be made up. She said "my manager wont let me." I then asked her for her manager which she replied, "I don't know if I can reach him" I turned to the front desk clerk and asked for her assistance. I explained the whole situation to her and she took Crystal to the back and they must have had a meeting in regards to my situation. Unable to wait as I was going to my daughters Sweet 16, I asked the front desk clerk to please contact the manager and inform of my situation. I asked that my room either be made up or a refund for the night be credited. At 11:00pm that night I was greeted by the manager who apologized profusely and who had personally made up my room. That's an example of good management...very poor employees can be made up by good management.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast, get there early as the breakfast staff is way under staffed and trying to get...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family