“Excellent stopover”

Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Excellent stopover”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on the way to Montreal. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was excellent. What made this hotel a must stop if you are in Lake George was the hotel staff. The staff was very helpful and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I would definitely recommend staying here!!

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The place is awesome. They essentially take care of everything you need. It is very close to the actual village so it is located in a very convenient location. Typically when I go for vacations, i dont care much about the hotel, but here are a few things I really liked about this place:

1. Staff was extremely friendly
2. They had free breakfast, and different breakfast every day
3. They have free WiFi...which is always good when kids want to watch videos on the iPad
4. They have a pool that my kids loved...

I really like this place and if I ever go back to Lake George, I will absolutely stay at this location.

Room Tip: The room we were in was very spacious and very clean. Does not matter which room you get. I think al...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Here for a soccer tournament. The rooms were clean and have to say loved the way they had the towels set up in the bathroom. More hotels should use this design, it made so much sense. Beds were clean and liked the idea that they let me know the duvet was clean for my visit. The included breakfast was what you would expect nothing to write about other then to say it was clean and well kept and enough for a early start to your day with more then the usual choice. This hotel was right outside of town so not really good if you plan on walking to things. If you have a car then your all set. Its cleaner then some of the places I have stayed at over the years in lake george. If you are bringing a boat not the place to stay. Like I said it was good for the one night we stayed and would stay again if in the area for a day or weekend. Maybe not for a week long stay as its not on the water. The staff at the front desk when checking in did there job, but for some reason were not extra nice or friendly. I had a few questions about things and was given very short answers without so much as a smile. We were the only people checking in at the time so its not like they were over worked. I avoided them for the rest of my stay, didnt even ask about places to eat becuase I felt they would not care to help. Too bad because they are the face of the hotel. I also got confusing information from one person at the hotel when I called about my reservation the week before. So I called back and got a more helpful person the next time. It was a quite part of town and easy to get to right on the main road. Was not cheep but nothing in the area is thats worth staying at. I have to have a clean room and good night sleep and I got that here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Amy A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Good Morning,

I wanted to personally apologize for the lack of service that you received during your stay from the Front Desk while you were here. I take the feedback on our hotel extremely seriously and use that information for training purposes. We pride ourselves in customer service and I can ensure you that every measure will be taken to implement some changes here at the property.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. If you are back in the area and wish to stay again with us, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks and have a great rest of the season .

Amy Austin
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this property on July 20th to the 21st. I drove with my family from Buffalo, New York (about a 5-6 hour drive) and we checked in around midnight; incredibly tired from driving through the night. We got to the front desk to check in and the night audit was not there. I figured he/she was in the back doing something, so we waited for about 10 minutes or so. Frustrated with the lack of service, I scanned around the lobby and made my way over to the breakfast/bar area, to find the Night Audit, I believe his name was Jeff, watching TV. I told him we were checking in and that we had been waiting for a bit. He was incredibly rude to us through the whole process and added to our frustrations of the night. At that point, we just wanted to get to our room and go to bed. I have worked the front desk at numerous hotels in my life, and this is no way anyone should be treated, especially upon checking in.

The next morning, I had called down to the front desk asking if we could have a late check out; noon is checkout time, and we were looking for a 1PM departure. The front desk agent, Tyler, stammered over my request and explained that housekeeping was backed up that day, which is understandable. He then said "we don't do late checkouts at this hotel," which caught me off guard. When we left at noon, I noticed that the parking lot was COMPLETELY empty, meaning that we were some of the last, if not the only guests left in the hotel at that time. Again, I was surprised over the fact that we couldn't have that late checkout, when the majority, if not all of the rooms were available for the housekeeping staff to clean. Then again, I could be in the wrong on this.

On the flip side, the breakfast staff was phenomenal. When we grabbed breakfast it was incredibly busy. Every table in the sitting area was taken. The attendant, her name escapes me (an older lady) ran a tight ship, and made sure that none of the food had run out, and when it was slower, she was bussing tables right and left. She took the time out of her shift to talk to us, and was the first person on the staff to make us feel like we were at home. I have also worked at a few restaurants, and know how daunting it is when it is busy. She is an asset to your staff.

Other than the front desk staff that we experienced, it was a good stay. The rooms were immaculate!

3 Thank Paul H
Good Morning,

On behalf of myself and The Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George I would like to apologize for the lack of service you recieved upon check-in. We pride ourselves on customer service and I wanted to let you know that we take our feedback very seriously. There is no excuse for poor attention at check-in and you can assure that this matter has been addressed.

I would also like to apologize for not being able to honor a late check-out for you as requested. It is especially difficult this time of year being our peak season to try to accomodate these requests.

If you should every return to the area, and wish to return to the property, please let me know and I will happy to help you with reservations personally.

Have a great rest of the summer.
nyc, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Despite being about ten years old, the hotel was in very good condition, rooms were fresh and clean. Full breakfast choices are a definite step up from the all too common carb-inental breakfast. Set back from the highway and up a hill, it was very quiet, but it is very convenient to the village. Plenty of good restaurants very close by.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We arrived on July 12 and the helpful desk staff gave us early check in. We tried to rest, but the noise level from doors slamming in rooms across the hall from us prevented that. The doors to the rooms are not very soundproof and you can hear every noise in the hall. After a while, I had to look at why the doors might be slamming so frequently. As I looked out the door, I counted TEN people leaving the room diagonally across the hall. They were part of a group that occupied both rooms across the hall. More about that later.

We went out and returned to the room about 10 p.m. Tried to sleep but the slamming doors continued. Apparently, this group, which numbered at least 15 people in two rooms, were going back and forth between the two rooms. Then, around 11:00 p.m., the real party started, in the adjoining room next door. No one loves a party more than me…except when I need to sleep…in a hotel…that I paid $250 a night for. I called the desk and reported it. She said she would call the room. It was quiet for a while, until about 2:00 a.m. when the party resumed. I called Chris at the desk 3 times between 2:00 a.m. and 3:45 a.m. to report the noise. Chris gave me a play by play (they left their room, they went to get food, they are going to sleep, they are drunk (I figured out the last one on my own)), but, did LITTLE to quell the noise. After my last complaint, Chris offered to comp my room—a nice gesture but I would have preferred to pay for a quiet room.

Here are the problems with this hotel. First, it is low quality construction. You can easily hear noise in the halls, other rooms, etc. Second, one of the staff people told me that guests are permitted to have FIVE adults in the queen suites, and apparently an unlimited number of children. There had to be at least 20 guests staying in the three rooms around ours (one on the side and 2 across the hall). Finally, the hotel seemed to cater more to those who made noise than those trying to sleep. If a guest calls and complains about noise 4 times, and you can confirm there is noise coming from the room, and you know the people are drunk, CALL the police and report the disturbance.

I was able to switch rooms on my second night and get away from the small town that had invaded these three rooms. Throughout this whole process the staff was very helpful and polite, but seemed resigned to the fact that this level of noise is the norm for the property.
If you are looking for a frat party atmosphere and the freedom to make as much noise as you want without any consequences, this hotel is for you. However, if you want some peace and quiet to rest, look elsewhere.

1 Thank Seth A
Amy A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the issues with noise levels that you experienced while staying with us. We make sure to let all guests know that quiet hours are after 10pm. That being said, we do our best to make sure that all of our guests have the best nights rest.

We take great pride in the satisfaction of our guests and use these tools to help us improve each and every day.

Once again, on behalf of myself and the entire staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George, I hope that you will consider returning for a quieter and more peaceful nights rest with us in the near future.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Amy Austin
Syracuse, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Did the usual routine about not having the room we requested for the reservation. Didn't advise us of the incidental fee (I know this but they vary from each hotel). Bottom floor room in corner no cell coverage and was a tiny room. Asked to be moved so had to take two queen room. Mattress lumpy and old, pillows awful. This was not up to Hampton standards in my opinion. Walls paper thin, I wanted to ask the man coughing up a lung next door if he needed a cough drop! There was some type of vibration from either the elevator or ice machine that was really loud and the room was in the middle of the hall so not sure. For the price not worth it! Plenty of other hotels around the area. On a good note the breakfast ladies working there are wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple