“We'll be back!”
Review of Lake Motel

Lake Motel
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 17 June 2013

, My first year for the Americade I booked not knowing how the motel would be. I made a good choice I really liked the motel so I booked for the following year. I was able to book the same room, too. Came up again this year and booked for next year! The motel is very clean, has really comfortable beds, a small refrig , big tub, seems everything is new and is certainly clean. It has a terrific location, a place under the rooms for motorcycle parking,. There's a beautiful view of the lake, table & chairs outside your room, a big pool. What really makes it special though,, are the owners and their staff. You can see they really care about their guests. During the Americade, the owners have a nice barbeque for all the guests. (Don't know many places that do that!) The motel is well maintained . The guests I met the first year were so friendly and it was the same this year. The same people keep coming back, so you know for sure that it's a great place to stay. Looking forward to next year!. . Thanks again, Gail Malara - Dobbs Ferry, NY

Room Tip: If you go on their web page, there's a chart with room locations and pictures of the rooms. Bes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for your kindness and words of encouragement. We very much enjoyed serving you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The location of this motel is good, however be warned that the rooms are extremely small. The rooms are clean and the staff was friendly, but we booked a lake view room, and instead got a view of the parking lot. It was disappointing and although the stay was decent, I would much rather spend my money elsewhere where I can get an actual lakeview.

• Stayed: June 2013
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your stay and your high marks for cleanliness and service. While room amenities are virtually identical, every room is slightly different, ranging in size from 160 square feet to over 300 square feet. We make available pictures of every room on the property online and encourage everyone to view them before making a choice.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Lake Motel provides a clean environment, cozy and very comfortable bed. We all slept well. The staff is very friendly and always so happy to be of service. The motel also provides a good view of the lake. It was also quiet at night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for telling others about your stay. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I just returned home from the Lake Motel no more than two hours ago and I already miss it . This marks the 5th stay in the past two years and lets face it with all the other options on Lake George if I didn't Love it I wouldn't keep returning. From the moment I pick up the phone to make a reservation to the moment I regretfully have to leave I feel wanted and cared for. The owners and entire staff are very friendly and truly try to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Every year they keep adding or improving to the overall experience. This particular year they put in 32" flat screen TV's , beefed up their WiFi, installed two new stainless steel barbecues, added extra chairs by the pool and even have kayaks and fishing rods you can sign out at the office as well as a swimming area ON the lake. Like I said it just keeps getting better.

The rooms are always spotless and the bedding and towels fresh and clean. The water is good and hot with great pressure and the drains work wonderfully. The coffee in the office flows whenever requested long after the morning is done and the staff is always helpful when asking about dining or activities in the area. Hey, they're locals from way back when, who knows better ???

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BronxGirl1
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. The enjoyment of guests like you is the greatest reward we get. My wife, the staff and I truly feel fortunate to know and serve you.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have been staying at the Lake Motel for years, and I must say that under Steve and Jorgina the place is 100% better. They have updated the rooms and made everything so much nicer then it was under the previous owners. You will see them both working around the Motel, but they always have time for their guest and they have a Great BBQ ( $10.00 ) on Saturday nights in the pool area. The pool and area is very clean and you can go to the lower deck and enjoy the lake water as well. Edrie and Shannon are 2 of the friendly ladies at the front desk and are always willing to give a hand if you need one, from where to eat, to shopping, to what to do on a raining day. The staff is also friendly and willing to help if need be. We stay at the Lake Motel for Elvis Weekend, Car Show in September, and a couple of days in the summer each month. The price is right and you can walk to the village, all the restaurants, Thank you all for making us feel at home.

Bill and Debi Sponable

Room Tip: The end rooms are great, they overlook the lake and you can what the steamboats go by. Upstairs is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeBorah412
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience. We are committed to continually upgrading our facilities while keeping our rates affordable. Your presence brightens our day every time.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We do quite a bit of travelling, and this was one of the best experiences I ever had living in a hotel/motel. Very friendly owner and staff. And the view of the lake was also very nice. I will definitely stay there if we visit lake George again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for your kind words. We are the fortunate ones to have served you. Hope you are able to return some day.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

We came here for a one night stay, to see a concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Extremely friendly front desk, nice clean room with a king bed. The bathroom was on the smaller side but spotless. Good, affordable pizza delivery from a place called Pizza Jerks.

• Stayed: May 2013
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks so much for the review. We pride ourselves on our commitment to cleanliness and take delight in our customers' enjoyable experiences.