“Great Time at Lake George”
Review of Lake Motel

Lake Motel
Ranked #7 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Time at Lake George”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked the Lake Motel based on reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. The room was rustic which we were looking for and exceptionally clean and neat thanks to the great housekeeping staff. Shannon in the front office was wonderful, doing everything from giving up her choice parking space to us to recommending places for a quick bite! She definitely added to our great vacation! We enjoyed using the free kayaks plus the pool, the Sat night BBQ (great deal if you want to stay in for dinner), and the patios with awesome views of the lake. The location was great too...once we parked the car we never had to move it as everything is in walking distance. We even went to Bolten Landing on the trolly for $2 pp each way which is a great deal...the wonderful ladies in the front office can get you brochures and schedules if you are interested. This was one stop on a three city tour and this was one of the best places for the price and service!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NCRedhead105
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
We appreciate your kind words and helpful advice to other travelers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Utica, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I usually work 6-7 days a week, but I happened to get July 4th & 5th off so the girlfriend & I decided last minute to book a mid week trip to Lake George. We both called a few spots, but as soon as I spoke to Edrie on the phone I knew it was the place for us. She was very friendly & charming...and very accommodating.
When we arrived it was everything we had hoped for: The person at the front desk was helpful & sweet. The pool out back overlooked the lake. And there were two huge gas grills on the deck overlooking the lake to cook on (we made lunch AND dinner on it).
I would definitely recommend the Lake Motel to anybody looking for a nice getaway on Lake George.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sean M
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I recently returned from a stay at the Lake Motel. The value was fantastic, as the motel was right on the water, and it was within walking of almost all restaurants. We were even able to walk to George's although it was quite a walk (which I would do again in a heartbeat). The pool, unlike a lot of other motels in the area was right on the water, and there was a lower deck with BBQ's, picnic tables and some chairs which all had nice privacy. The rooms are slightly dated, which is the only reason I didn't give the very best review, but if we visit Lake George again, we would not hesitate to stay at the Lake Motel again. Also, each staff member we dealt with was professional and kind!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your experience. Every years we do more to modernize until we satisfy all your expectations.
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is now the third time my boyfriend and I have stayed at the Lake Motel. The location is perfect (directly on Lake George and a short walk into town). The customer service cannot be beat. From pointing out fun places to go to lending you an umbrella, the staff will always go above and beyond. Shannon is absolutely incredible! Rooms are perfect, just what you need for a short stay on the Lake. Pool overlooks the Lake and is a great place to relax and downwind. Free kayaks are now available, fishing poles, bait and tackle, and bbqs and utensils on the private deck. This is the only place I would come back to on my trip to LG!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cdimare27
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thanks for the review and words of encouragement. With all the great guests like you that we serve, it makes our work so easy- and enjoyable.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was housed at this facility again this year in a room the management donated to Americade for use of Volunteer Staff. This was my third year at this hotel and it just gets better every year. I would love this place even if I was paying for it. The staff and management truly care about their guests, even the ones like me who aren't paying them.

They hosted a hamburger/cheese burger/hotdog grill-out for guests of the motel one night and the next night they arranged a catered picnic for a very nominal fee with food catered by arguably the best BBQ restaurant in the Lake George area.

My room was comfortable, nicely appointed, the WIFI was stable and fast, the housekeepers were well trained and very professional considering that some of them are still in high school.

The fact that is is located right in the heart of Lake George is just "icing on the cake." The construction of the hotel is such that with the door and windows closed I only heard the loudest motorcycles in the motel when they were ridden by folks not concerned with disturbing others

I am looking forward to returning again next year if I am able to volunteer again.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the lake choose a room on that end, but if you want to watch the traffic on Can...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Crichton R
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Not sure why we are blessed to have such great guests, not only for Americade but throughout the year, but we are grateful. You are one of the very favorite of our guests for all of the staff and we would be most pleased to see you again next year.
Ellenville, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here...great time both times! I really have nothing to complain about....room was great, clean, everything worked, staff is friendly and helpful. I look forward to next year!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve G
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Lake Motel was recommended by Shannon, the best service provided in recommendation, location, on the Lake and everything is in walking distance. The owners Steve and Georgina are right there on site all the time as well and make it there mission, along with Shannon, to make sure that all is taken care of for their guests and friends. They all treat everyone like family (that would be, "like family" that they care about. I will continue to go there and recommend that place still to anyone who will traveling to or visiting the area and need a place to stay that is like home on the Lake at the Lake Motel.

Room Tip: Choose a good room on the Lake. Yes, you will see the Lake as this Motel sits right on Lake George...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shawn M S
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thanks for the kind compliments. The motel business is by no means easy, but it would be difficult to find a more rewarding vocation.