“Great Experience”
Review of Lake Motel

Lake Motel
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed here on a Monday - Thursday in July. It was a great experience. The rooms were clean. There's free kayak rentals and a small pool. The desk staff was wonderful in terms of answering any questions about the area and making our stay as comfortable as possible. In addition, you could walk to the center of the village. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank roselleleone

Reviewed 19 July 2013

There are so many positive things to say about Lake Motel that I hope I don't miss anything. I chose this motel because of the rave reviews here on trip advisor. We were not disappointed.
The owner (Steve) and staff are dedicated to their customers and go above and beyond to ensure your stay is pleasant and relaxed.

-My mom needed to rent a walker, and before we knew it Shannon at the front desk was on the phone to get us all of the information we needed.

-My dad has a very large truck which makes it difficult to park. The owner came out and assigned us one that was easy to get in and out of and let us keep it for the duration of our stay. He even helped guide my dad into the spot. I noticed they also have covered parking (garages) which is ideal for bikes. I heard Shannon talking with another customer who had a motorbike and she said that as soon as one became available that she would put out an orange cone and reserve it for him.

-The room (25) was clean and very spacious with 2 queen beds (very comfortable), flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, and a huge tub with jets. Not all the rooms are the same but you can choose your exact unit when making reservations which is pretty much impossible at most properties. You know what to expect because the pictures on their website are accurate.

-The facilities are immaculate with many pretty flowers. The pool area has ample seating and I was happy that the chairs were not the cheap plastic ones so many other motels had. There are 2 shaded areas with full tables/chairs if you want to eat by the pool and a barbeque should you want to use it. Free kayaks are a great touch and although there is no sand beach there are stairs leading in to the lake for swimming.

The vibe here is relaxed and friendly. Frankly I couldn't ask for more in a motel style property.

After check out we were welcome to use the facilities for the day. They have a washroom in the office that they let us use for a change room, so it was great being able to use the pool before heading out.

I've been visiting Lake George for 35 years and will be booking this property for our next adventure.

Room Tip: Room 25 (2nd floor) was great! Units vary in size and some have been more recently updated than othe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amart106
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Wow! Now that's a thorough review. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Our mission is to exceed all our guests expectations and we are pleased we have succeeded with you. Customer service is our mantra.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked the Lake Motel based on reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. The room was rustic which we were looking for and exceptionally clean and neat thanks to the great housekeeping staff. Shannon in the front office was wonderful, doing everything from giving up her choice parking space to us to recommending places for a quick bite! She definitely added to our great vacation! We enjoyed using the free kayaks plus the pool, the Sat night BBQ (great deal if you want to stay in for dinner), and the patios with awesome views of the lake. The location was great too...once we parked the car we never had to move it as everything is in walking distance. We even went to Bolten Landing on the trolly for $2 pp each way which is a great deal...the wonderful ladies in the front office can get you brochures and schedules if you are interested. This was one stop on a three city tour and this was one of the best places for the price and service!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NCRedhead105
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

We appreciate your kind words and helpful advice to other travelers.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I usually work 6-7 days a week, but I happened to get July 4th & 5th off so the girlfriend & I decided last minute to book a mid week trip to Lake George. We both called a few spots, but as soon as I spoke to Edrie on the phone I knew it was the place for us. She was very friendly & charming...and very accommodating.
When we arrived it was everything we had hoped for: The person at the front desk was helpful & sweet. The pool out back overlooked the lake. And there were two huge gas grills on the deck overlooking the lake to cook on (we made lunch AND dinner on it).
I would definitely recommend the Lake Motel to anybody looking for a nice getaway on Lake George.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I recently returned from a stay at the Lake Motel. The value was fantastic, as the motel was right on the water, and it was within walking of almost all restaurants. We were even able to walk to George's although it was quite a walk (which I would do again in a heartbeat). The pool, unlike a lot of other motels in the area was right on the water, and there was a lower deck with BBQ's, picnic tables and some chairs which all had nice privacy. The rooms are slightly dated, which is the only reason I didn't give the very best review, but if we visit Lake George again, we would not hesitate to stay at the Lake Motel again. Also, each staff member we dealt with was professional and kind!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your experience. Every years we do more to modernize until we satisfy all your expectations.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is now the third time my boyfriend and I have stayed at the Lake Motel. The location is perfect (directly on Lake George and a short walk into town). The customer service cannot be beat. From pointing out fun places to go to lending you an umbrella, the staff will always go above and beyond. Shannon is absolutely incredible! Rooms are perfect, just what you need for a short stay on the Lake. Pool overlooks the Lake and is a great place to relax and downwind. Free kayaks are now available, fishing poles, bait and tackle, and bbqs and utensils on the private deck. This is the only place I would come back to on my trip to LG!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cdimare27
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thanks for the review and words of encouragement. With all the great guests like you that we serve, it makes our work so easy- and enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was housed at this facility again this year in a room the management donated to Americade for use of Volunteer Staff. This was my third year at this hotel and it just gets better every year. I would love this place even if I was paying for it. The staff and management truly care about their guests, even the ones like me who aren't paying them.

They hosted a hamburger/cheese burger/hotdog grill-out for guests of the motel one night and the next night they arranged a catered picnic for a very nominal fee with food catered by arguably the best BBQ restaurant in the Lake George area.

My room was comfortable, nicely appointed, the WIFI was stable and fast, the housekeepers were well trained and very professional considering that some of them are still in high school.

The fact that is is located right in the heart of Lake George is just "icing on the cake." The construction of the hotel is such that with the door and windows closed I only heard the loudest motorcycles in the motel when they were ridden by folks not concerned with disturbing others

I am looking forward to returning again next year if I am able to volunteer again.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the lake choose a room on that end, but if you want to watch the traffic on Can...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CrichtonR
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Not sure why we are blessed to have such great guests, not only for Americade but throughout the year, but we are grateful. You are one of the very favorite of our guests for all of the staff and we would be most pleased to see you again next year.