“A great home away from home experience!”
Review of Lake Motel

Lake Motel
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Hempstead, New York
“A great home away from home experience!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My boyfriend and I found the Lake Motel to be extremely clean and have great amenities. The front desk receptionist, Shannon, went above and beyond for us many times. She made us feel at home and also gave great recommendations on activities to do and places to eat. They have numerous kayaks that any guest could sign up for to take out on the lake, free of charge. We went early in the morning, my first time kayaking ever, and just had a blast! It was nice to do an extra-curricular and not have to worry about expenses. The pool is where my boyfriend and I spent most of our time, it was just so relaxing laying by the lakeside pool. This motel has the perfect location, it is on the lake and also right in the village so we didn't have to drive once all weekend!

Room Tip: I found that the design of this motel allowed all of the rooms to be of great location! However I d...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweets1034

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just got back from a long weekend at the Lake Motel. We had never been to Lake George and were delighted with the whole area. The room was very nice, comfortable bed, very clean and air conditioning worked well. The thing that sold us on this place was the availability of parking in a garage. We came in on motorcycles and this was a very important amenity for us. Many thanks to Shannon at the front desk for making our stay enjoyable. The lake side pool area is also very nice. Steps down into the lake to go swimming too! Nice size refrigerator & microwave in the rooms. Unlimited coffee is served in the office at about 7:30am - another VERY important feature for us! All the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia D
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We booked Lake Motel as a last minute vacation based on reviews on trip advisor. We were very happy with this motel. It was exactly as described on their website. Room was very clean. Bathroom was spotless. Views from patio and pool area were absolutely beautiful!! It was nice that you could use kayaks free. Thurs night had great view of fireworks from pool area and free icecream from truck was great too!
For the price, I was very happy with this motel and can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank 3368sue
Albany, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Greetings and salutations! A mid week stay of July 15th through the 18th was as the review title states, for my wife and I. Couldn't have been better timing as an extra day off that week proved advantageous for spending more time at The Lake Motel. The hot weather didn't deter or dampen the hospitality one bit. Everything was spot on. The crystal clear pool and nicely warmed up Lake George itself proved to be most inviting and quite relaxing. Thursday night Fireworks are always nice with an added bonus of free Ice Cream, courtesy of the owners, for ALL the guests! Many Thanks for that! I thank all the folks at The Lake Motel for an excellent stay. Looking forward to another stay there.

2 Thank Slim K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed here on a Monday - Thursday in July. It was a great experience. The rooms were clean. There's free kayak rentals and a small pool. The desk staff was wonderful in terms of answering any questions about the area and making our stay as comfortable as possible. In addition, you could walk to the center of the village. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank roselleleone
canada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

There are so many positive things to say about Lake Motel that I hope I don't miss anything. I chose this motel because of the rave reviews here on trip advisor. We were not disappointed.
The owner (Steve) and staff are dedicated to their customers and go above and beyond to ensure your stay is pleasant and relaxed.

-My mom needed to rent a walker, and before we knew it Shannon at the front desk was on the phone to get us all of the information we needed.

-My dad has a very large truck which makes it difficult to park. The owner came out and assigned us one that was easy to get in and out of and let us keep it for the duration of our stay. He even helped guide my dad into the spot. I noticed they also have covered parking (garages) which is ideal for bikes. I heard Shannon talking with another customer who had a motorbike and she said that as soon as one became available that she would put out an orange cone and reserve it for him.

-The room (25) was clean and very spacious with 2 queen beds (very comfortable), flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, and a huge tub with jets. Not all the rooms are the same but you can choose your exact unit when making reservations which is pretty much impossible at most properties. You know what to expect because the pictures on their website are accurate.

-The facilities are immaculate with many pretty flowers. The pool area has ample seating and I was happy that the chairs were not the cheap plastic ones so many other motels had. There are 2 shaded areas with full tables/chairs if you want to eat by the pool and a barbeque should you want to use it. Free kayaks are a great touch and although there is no sand beach there are stairs leading in to the lake for swimming.

The vibe here is relaxed and friendly. Frankly I couldn't ask for more in a motel style property.

After check out we were welcome to use the facilities for the day. They have a washroom in the office that they let us use for a change room, so it was great being able to use the pool before heading out.

I've been visiting Lake George for 35 years and will be booking this property for our next adventure.

Room Tip: Room 25 (2nd floor) was great! Units vary in size and some have been more recently updated than othe...
1 Thank amart106
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Wow! Now that's a thorough review. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Our mission is to exceed all our guests expectations and we are pleased we have succeeded with you. Customer service is our mantra.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked the Lake Motel based on reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. The room was rustic which we were looking for and exceptionally clean and neat thanks to the great housekeeping staff. Shannon in the front office was wonderful, doing everything from giving up her choice parking space to us to recommending places for a quick bite! She definitely added to our great vacation! We enjoyed using the free kayaks plus the pool, the Sat night BBQ (great deal if you want to stay in for dinner), and the patios with awesome views of the lake. The location was great too...once we parked the car we never had to move it as everything is in walking distance. We even went to Bolten Landing on the trolly for $2 pp each way which is a great deal...the wonderful ladies in the front office can get you brochures and schedules if you are interested. This was one stop on a three city tour and this was one of the best places for the price and service!

2 Thank NCRedhead105
LakeMotel, Owner at Lake Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
We appreciate your kind words and helpful advice to other travelers.