Lake Motel
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$212
HolidayInn.com
Heritage of Lake George Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$221
Hampton.com
Tea Island Resort(Lake George)
US$133
Admiral Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$100
Marine Village Resort(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$114
Quality Inn of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$140
QualityInn
US$207
US$190
Hotwire.com
The Lake George Inn(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
All reviewsice cream truckfree kayakspaddle boardspool areathursday nightoffice staffsundaebeautiful flowersclean roomsroot beerwalking distancenext yearfire pitthe location is perfectbeautiful poola great place to staythe past years
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here with my husband and three of my grandchildren, and this place is wonderful! The decor is very rustic, just the way I had hoped it would be! The room was very clean, looked recently renovated and updated, and the whole outside of the buildings was covered with flower boxes spilling over with gorgeous flowers! The management was very accommodating to give us a needed air mattress, and extra towels. The pool was large and lovely, overlooking Lake George. There was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the main office at all times. Everything was in walking distance from here. There were fireworks on the lake one evening, and management brought in an Ice Cream Truck for all of the guests to have a complimentary treat! Nothing bad to say about this motel........go here! :)

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need, they are very accommodating!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hello fellow advisers,

I went to Lake George on a motorcycle ride this last weekend. The Adirondacks are worth a visit at this time of the year, it is less crowded and simply lovely.
There is plenty of choice in Lake George if you are looking for a hotel/motel room. I chose this motel obviously because of the good pricing and the high ranking on our beloved TripAdvisor.
Most if not all that you will read about the motel is true.
It is located in the village
It is between main street and the lake
My room was super clean albeit somewhat dated ( it is a motel in an old tourist spot)
Staff was very friendly

Overall I was pleased with my stay and would recommend it to others. As a constructive criticism, here are some food for thoughts:
Room is small
Bathroom was extremely tight. I could barely sit on the toilet and I am not THAT large.
As an older building, the sound proofing is quite weak. I had lousy neighbours who talked loud until after 1am. That made my night of sleep below average. It's part of the game some would say and I must agree.

Finally, judging by what I could observe from the street, most if not all other motels and hotels are in a similar condition age-wise. It is a summer spot after all.

With all that in mind, one could appreciate the fair price and cleanliness of the Lake Motel.

But you be the judge of that!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Mister_Simple_Truth
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Perfect location, bargain price, clean, new HD TV, friendly staff, I was travelling thru on my motorcycle and can see why it 'a rated so high, not the Ritz but everything a mom & pop motel can be and more.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We chose this motel to be within walking distance of downtown Lake George.The room was clean and the bed comfortable.We were on the end with windows overlooking the pool and lake.It was fine because it was chilly so no one was swimming so there wasn't a noise issue.Since there is no smoking in the rooms ,guests are encouraged to smoke down by the lake or by the pool.That includes a table right under our window. If people were sitting below our window talking and smoking we would have left the hotel.So I would suggest to the hotel to remove the smoking from the pool area for the comfort of all of the non-smoking guests.So if you stay in the warmer months and noise is an issue I would not stay near the pool.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool if noise and smoking bother you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck5530
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed at the Lake Motel from Sept 13-16th. We called the day before to confirm check-in and the the wonderful gentleman who answered the phone said if we call them that evening and its still vacant we'd be able to check in anytime we want the following day! I thought that was not only rare but so nice of them! Check in was a breeze and we were well informed about the goings on and best places to eat, room deliveries etc.. Our room was on the first floor (19) it was small, very clean and the bathroom was comfortably spacious. Bed was a bit uncomfortable, mattresses could use updating.

My husband was a smoker so having a little table outside with chair and ashtray was great! View of the lake was a short walk down the end of our balcony. From our room we could hear the Minnie Ha Ha tooting in the lake and we were able to take advantage of primo seats for the fireworks on the lake Saturday night.

On Saturday night Lake Motel offered its guest a great catered bbq from a nearby restaurant for a very reasonable price.

Parking is a bit tight but manageable.

Room Tip: Higher the room number, closer to lake.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family