“First time there and really satisfied from everything”
Review of Motel Montreal

Motel Montreal
Ranked #45 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
“First time there and really satisfied from everything”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I went to Lake George for the first time in my life and at first I was little bit anxious about it . Cos I didn't know what to expect first thing I did when I step in the motel I asked the owner what to do there . They gave me great tips and places for the entertainment there . The room was very clean and that is the most important thing I'm concerned about when I'm sleeping away from home . I got service room everyday and nothing was missing out and the room smelled nice . I got free parking space , my car was parked in front of my room . The location is ok you can walk to the center of the village without hesitation . Overall nice stay there.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CherrylDrake
Cherrly,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the Montreal. I am very glad that you enjoyed your first trip to Lake George and that you found cleanliness and comfort at our hotel. We hope that your winter is off to a great start and we hope to see you at the Montreal in 2014.

Rob Gregor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Convenient walking distance to center. Bathroom is cleaned and newly renovated. We book a non-smoking room but the room smells something..smells like a wet carpet or clothing that was not dried or is it the wood? Bed- if the person beside you try to move, you will feel it and you will move to (woobly/wav), it's hard to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Emanon16
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you took note of the cleanliness and updating in our bathrooms. With regards to the smell, we us a special deodorizer in every room following check-out. Usually, this mitigates any lingering odors but you could always lets us know if there is a problem and we could move you to another room. Indeed, we encourage guests to let us know if something is not right, so that we can fix the problem. Thanks for staying with us and we wish you a very happy, healthy and safe new year.

New York
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The owner was very nice when we arrived and provided us with everything that came in our package. (We really got a great deal...check their website for packages.) The room was super clean and spacious. There was plenty of room for the pack and play we had brought with us for our 14 month old. The bed was comfy, but the pillows were kind of flat. I like a fluffy pillow. The furnishings in the room were also better than I expected. There is also no tub, just an enclosed shower, which I must have missed when reading about the place. Not a big deal (our daughter can stand), but it wouldn't be good for a very young baby who needs a tub. (Towels were a little thin too, but they got the job done.) The location was a little far from town for us with a stroller, and there's no super close place to grab a quick drink or snack. The microwave was good, but the fridge didn't really keep things cold enough for us. (Maybe there was something wrong with ours.) Walls were a little thin, but I didn't hear much noise and the hotel was full. Pool looked nice, although we sadly never got around to using it. Room was cleaned promptly every morning. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am ecstatic that you found value in our packages. I work very hard with local restaurants and venues to negotiate deals on tickets and our packages are a great way to experience Lake George. I am working on the 2014 packages right now and I am very excited about some new attractions that we hope to offer.

With respect to the rooms, some rooms have stand-up showers and some have tubs. If you need a room with a tub, please let me know when you book and I will be happy to get you one. Likewise, we can always get you more pillows or towels if you ask. With respect to the location, there are two restaurants directly across the street from us (Tamarack Inn and Mario's) and we are a seven minute walk (with stroller--I have a two year old) to the center of town. Additionally, we have a vending machine for drinks.

We hope that you had a great autumn and that the winter is off to a great start and we wish you a happy new year and hope to see you at the Montreal in 2014.

Albany, NY
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Motel Montreal. We went just for an overnight--we live less than an hour away and have made many day trips to Lake George, but never were able to enjoy the night life. That was the purpose of this trip.

As so many others have noted, Rob greeted us enthusiastically and gave us guidance regarding what to do in Lake George. He pointed out that there would be free music in the park that night as well as where other bands might be. Our room was large, nicely appointed with a microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge. The bed was comfy, and the room was clean. Wireless internet is free there, although we did not use it.

We arrived early enough to spend some time exploring the village, then came back to the hotel to freshen up. The pool is quite nice, appointed with comfy chairs and tables, and was a welcome, relaxing, and refreshing way to spend a little time.

The bathroom comes with all you need--stand-up shower, and soap and shampoo. The shower head was it right height--so many times you need to bend down in showers to get wet, not here!

For all the times we've been to Lake George, we were never aware of a little beach at the end of the street the hotel is on...it is small and private, and dog friendly--the motel is not, however, so we plan to bring our dogs back soon for a day trip.

Motel Montreal is a great value for the money--everything you need within easy walking distance of the village--and hospitality also!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Montreal and I hope that you will be back to see us soon. The Lake Avenue beach that you reference in your review is one of the best kept secrets in Lake George. It is secluded and rarely used and I highly recommend it at sunrise. The views of the mist coming off of the lake are absolutely breath taking. I hope that you had a great autumn and that winter is off to a good start and we wish you a happy, healthy and safe 2014.

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love reading the negative reviews. They crack me up. Look I picked this hotel because it was a reasonable price compared to some of the others. Which, quite frankly seemed outrageous after going there and seeing where & what those hotels looked like. This is a low key, reasonable hotel. I guess Rob was who greeted us and was always smiling and helpful, got to check in a bit early with no problems. The rooms are adequate, probably could use some updating but it was clean. I mean how much time do you spend in your room? Pool area is very nice, concrete area with tables, some grassy area and even a little sandy area. Couple of chairs and a table outside every room for relaxing. Within walking distance to anywhere there on the strip. One night it did sound like a herd of elephants were walking around, but that has happened to me in several more expensive hotels as well. And that's not the hotel staffs fault, just obnoxious guests. And as for the person that posted the picture with the "unacceptable" torn up carpet at the head of the stairs, please, thats your biggest gripe? I stayed in the room right at the head of the stairs not a big deal. It gets a lot of traffic and besides, ever been through a New York winter, probably a little tough on it as well. People really need to lighten up these days. If you want perfection pay the $200 a night for practically any other hotel up there. We had a great stay and if we ever get back would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary P
Mary,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found value at the Montreal. After purchasing the property in 2011, we added WiFi, mini-fridges, coffee makers, flat screen televisions and microwaves to every room, so a fair amount of updating has occurred. It is worth noting that we offer our guests more in-room amenities than any other local hotel at our price point. I want to keep our price point at the low end of our competitive set and I appreciate it when guests, such as yourself, feel that they received good value for their money.

On a side note, the torn exterior carpeting that you reference will be replaced prior to the opening of the 2014 season. We hope that you had a wonderful autumn and that winter is off to a great start and we hope to see you at the Montreal in 2014.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Motel Montreal served its purpose. It was a clean economical place to stay when visiting the area. Prime location with decent beds, mind you I have insomnia when I travel somewhere I am not in my comfy bed at home, and I slept like a baby. Rooms were clean, with sufficient amenities. Trust me , I am a LG connoisseur ! Been to at least 10 hotels/ cottages on and off the strip. This place is great. Rob is awesome too! Which is why I am staying here next year. Thanks , Rob. TIna and Mike.

Room Tip: Going directly through Rob next time. Booked through booking. com.
Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BUDLIME
Tina and Mike,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for leaving a great review. It was a pleasure hosting you and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Montreal. We work very hard to strike a balance between value and comfort and it is a good feeling when our guests appreciate it. Good travel tip as well. Booking directly with me over the phone almost always saves money off the internet price. Thanks so much for staying with us and I wish you a very happy new year and I hope to see you in 2014.

Middle Village, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I booked this place on the phone and upon arrival was met by Rob the owner who was extremely helpful and very courteous. As a 1st timer on Lake George I had no idea what to expect. Arrived on a thursday and my family wanted to go on the fireworks cruise, I asked Rob about tickets and Inmediatley he made it happened. The room was clean and so was the pool which my son enjoyed very much. Next time I'm on lake George this is the place to stay.
Thank you Rob.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Silvio--Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We work very hard to keep the hotel as welcoming as it can be and we work with equal diligence to provide a great "overall" vacation experience for our guests. There is lots to do in Lake George and I view it as part of our mission to make sure that our guests have such a great time that they return again and again. See you soon!

Rob